8/6
9/10

Several other dates will be added soon
Considering:
4/19 ORP
7/31 The Ridge
8/23 ORP
9/27 The Ridge

NW Miata Challenge base rules are here. Use the attached spreadsheet to easily determine your point total.

Classes:
Street: 9 points or less >2200 lbs
Modified: 9.25 – 12.00 points >2100 lbs
Super Modified: 12.25 -17.5 >2000 lbs
Unlimited: 17.75+ points

Here's what's different for the NWMC.

a) no entry fee. THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED COMPETITION AND NOTHING IS AT STAKE BUT WHAT PASSES FOR YOUR PRIDE. AND YOUR DIGNITY. But you drive a Miata, so we already know you have neither pride nor dignity.

b) lap time submissions must be from a lap timing device. Harry's Lap Timer, TrackMaster, Aim Solo, Traqmate, etc. No stopwatch time submittals "from your friend" or "I timed myself in the car!" Note: ".2s faster than Martin" is right out.

c) this is a friendly competition amongst persons of good repute. Anyone found cheating will suffer the Death of a Thousand Bitch Slaps, have their suspension settings reset to herrafrush, and will discover that their car has somehow acquired neon underglow. And Connor will not allow food for you to be cooked upon his grill. You have been warned ...​

I have attached a spreadsheet I created to easily calculate point totals (since we all know that math is not the strong suit of you people).

Use it, determine your point totals, determine your class.

Edit: This section is a joke, there is no actual PAX classing, see the last sentence of the section
NW MIATA CHALLENGE SPECIAL RULES: aka the Big Fat Sled class mods, aka NWMC Pax Fantasy rules
1) every 100 lbs over class minimum weight: -.75 point
Using standard spreadsheet, determine class car would run in. Subtract .5 point for every 100lbs over the minimum weight (or 2000lbs, if no min exists) for that original class. Resulting point total determines class driver may compare themselves to in order to retain some laptime pride. For the purposes of scoring, driver is competing in true point total class.

As an example, I include the worksheet for my car. It comes to 22.0 points, placing me into Unlimited(17.75+). Class minimum is ... there is no class minimum, so we'll use the one for Super Modified, 2000 lbs. My car is 2805lbs according to AR scales with me in it, giving me -6 points (16), allowing me to compare my laptimes to Super Modified cars and ignore the beatdown put upon me by the lightweight trubo cars in unlimited.

How to Submit Your Entries

extract the data file
determine the best lap time
compile an email
It puts the data file into the email attachment
create a subject line "NWMC - Date Username Class Best Time"
Example subject line: NWMC - 4/15 Mobius Supermod 1.34.12
send that to richard dot dodds at teh gmail dot com.

This being Portland, and me loving beer, at the end of the season there will be custom pint glasses for PMC. You want a different prize, go buy yourself a trophy.

Edit: ignore attached files, blank MiataChallenge spreadsheet, the one for my car, and the running results spreadsheet can be found here: 2015 MiataChallenge Dropbox

Please post your entry in this thread. Describe the car, list its point total and class, and attach the spreadsheet for it.

For each event, edit that post, add the fast lap for that date.

How to Win:
For each event, the following points will be accumulated:
1st place 10 points
2nd place 8 points
3rd place 6 points
4th place 5 points
5th place 4 points
6th place 3 points
7th place 2 points
8th place 1 points
DNF 1 point (if 1 – 7 competitors, otherwise 0)
DQ 0 points

Each contestant's lowest score will be dropped.

In the event of a season final tie for points, the competitor with the most wins will be declared the higher points scorer. If the tied competitors are also tied for wins, the competitor with the highest average points per event will be declared the higher points scorer. If this, too, results in a tie, the faster of the two on the final event of competition wins. If only one of these two competitors runs the final event and comes up in every other way tied, that competitor will be declared the higher points scorer.

Edit: ignore attached files, blank MiataChallenge spreadsheet, the one for my car, and the running results spreadsheet can be found here: 2015 MiataChallenge Dropbox

Attachments

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
The first spreadsheet you attached doesn't have the fat points on it, only yours does. Unless that was intentional.

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
8. street I think... I need to weigh in somewhere besides the highway truck scales. Also do <200 TW tires automatically put you in modified class?

Attachments

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,542 Posts
I've attached 2 for Laz, one for Laz on street tires and one for Laz on hoosiers. Neither spreadsheet reflects the fact that Im 2150 with driver, which brings me to 100 pounds over Super Mod minimum, which means I get to subtract .75 points, which puts Laz in Super Mod on Hoosiers and if I add a little ballast I can end up in Mod on RS3s. Sleep in fear folks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first spreadsheet you attached doesn't have the fat points on it, only yours does. Unless that was intentional.
No that was a mistake I'll go back and fix it tonight. Gotta wrench right now while I can.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
8. street I think... I need to weigh in somewhere besides the highway truck scales. Also do <200 TW tires automatically put you in modified class?
The spreadsheet, and the rules, answer this question for you grasshoppah

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
Double checking because Nial posted street class, but <200 tw. Would AR charge me to just weigh the car, not corner balance it?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Double checking because Nial posted street class, but <200 tw. Would AR charge me to just weigh the car, not corner balance it?
Nial: Learn to read good.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PAY ATTENTION TO TREADWARE

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Yes, $100

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've attached 2 for Laz, one for Laz on street tires and one for Laz on hoosiers. Neither spreadsheet reflects the fact that Im 2150 with driver, which brings me to 100 pounds over Super Mod minimum, which means I get to subtract .75 points, which puts Laz in Super Mod on Hoosiers and if I add a little ballast I can end up in Mod on RS3s. Sleep in fear folks
Hoosiers are 8 points, not 6.

What are you using to view/edit the worksheet, it's destroying the formatting.

Going to edit the original post now with new attachments.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
UPDATED SPREADSHEETS HERE

Edit: Ignore attached files on administrative posts, they cannot be changed. I have created a dropbox folder for relevant files, so they can be changed (attachments cannot be changed/updated). The running score spreadsheet will be there as well. 2015 NWMC Dropbox folder

Turns out I did not pay attention to Treadware either. I am running RC1 this year, TW 100. That plus an error correction puts me at:

17.5 Supermod

PAX: 11.5 Mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You drive a Miata, and you need ask questions like this?

We're all here just to help Luke, Nial, and Martin compensate.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts