21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I end up in Supermod (PAX) with my fat arse. To clarify, I get:

2 points for coilovers which include spring and sway points
5 points for Trubo which covers anything done in the engine compartment
2 Aero points for airdam/splitter front and my huge wang out back

Other basics like NT-01s on 9s and I still have room for some baller brakes and a light hardtop. I'm expecting 2400# with driver which is a nice 3 point PAX out of unlimited! :bouncin:

Attachments

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
9.25, modified.

However I'm easily over 2200, which puts me at least down to 9, aka Street.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
For our purposes I feel it would be appropriate to allow NT-01 in Street class. Any opposed to relaxing the treadwear restriction to allow 100TW in Street, as it was before? Or maybe class them as Street+ if we get any participants actually running in Stock on 200+ TW tires.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
I feel like tire classing should be grouped differently.

Is it really fair that someone running 185 star specs is in the same category as someone running 225R1Rs?

I feel like actual performance of a tire on a Miata, and it's width, should be taken into account somehow.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There are points for both TW and for rim width, they are accounted for. But what you are bringing up is why I think adding a Street+ category might be appropriate.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Yep, needs to happen. The rules, as they stand above, essentially leave no competitive class for a 200tw light mod Miata to play in.

I'll be playing in my own 205 Cup class with my own trophies and umbrella girls unless a street+ is considered.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
First
NW MIATA CHALLENGE SPECIAL RULES: aka the Big Fat Sled class mods, aka NWMC Pax Fantasy rules
1) every 100 lbs over class minimum weight: -.75 point
Using standard spreadsheet, determine class car would run in. Subtract .5 point for every 100lbs over the minimum weight (or 2000lbs, if no min exists) for that original class. Resulting point total determines class driver may compare themselves to in order to retain some laptime pride. For the purposes of scoring, driver is competing in true point total class.

This is all about having fun. PAX is a joke. Always has been, from the initial post of the rules, from which I have quoted the relevant portion. PAX IS A JOKE, and if anyone thought they would actually be competing in their "PAX Class", they were mistaken, and did not read good.

Is everybody clear on this? PAX IS A JOKE. I thought everyone would recognize the fact I was making fun of my Miata being the heaviest in the competition.

Second

The base MC rules provide protection for people in Street, whom are actually driving their street car and tracking on actual street tires, by automatically bumping those with sticky track-day tires into Mod. It's a class to give beginners, and those who don't want to mod their cars for competitive advantage, a chance to show up and compete without a huge automatic hardware disadvantage.

The Treadwear rules make sense to me. Thinking of the cars that will be competing in Mod, assuming their drivers continue to participate, given historic laptimes I think the class will be fine, and more competitive than perhaps some drivers think it will be.

Last
The best part of NW track days is just hanging out with the people. NWMC exists merely to provide us some structure to wrap around those track days and the trackday season, get laptimes recorded for posterity, and to have a good time.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Why are our points different than normal Miata challenge? Is the spreadsheet the same?
There should be no points difference. If there is an error in the spreadsheet, point it out and I'll fix it.

PAX was never real and was always a joke.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Hmm. Your definition of street above makes sense.

I suppose I'm a bit baffled how Laz on RS3 could arrive in Mod alongside Lexi. There is a 9 second difference between those two street tire setups. Which is why the classes seemed obscure.

Anyways. Onwards Möbius. Thanks for hashing out the rules.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts
Cause he's not. Laz is in Super Mod on RS3s, and Unlimited with anything stickier. If we manage to weigh in under 2000, he's in Unlimited no matter what.

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
PAX clarification fixes most issues here, thanks for the post Richard. I thought the Miata challenge rules I saw had 7 points for street or something.

·
Lonely White Girl
5,739 Posts
2 things, will this non-functional stick on spoiler count on the rear or will I have to rip it off:

Safety isn't working on the spreadsheet (I think), I should be street without the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
2 things, will this non-functional stick on spoiler count on the rear or will I have to rip it off:

Safety isn't working on the spreadsheet (I think), I should be street without the rear spoiler.
Yes, 7 points, >=200tw, max 8" rims. There are a bunch of other qualifiers for street, check the base rulepage. Passenger seat must be retained being one of them.

If this were NASA or SCCA that would count as a spoiler. I'm of the opinion it doesn't really matter.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts