ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would this look real low? Anybody running this size? I went through the fitment/slammed threads and saw nobody running this setup. Seems like the 16" guys opt for lower profiles. I want to look slammed without being slammed if that makes sense. I'm putting together a daily driver Miata for these horrific nj roads:p

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
/thread

·
Registered
154 Posts
most try to keep the rim and tire size the same at least, but to each their own. YAY-YEAH!!!!!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
We already went over this in the fitment thread. Why the repost? You really need someone to tell you again?

You can't look slammed without being slammed, that makes absolutely no sense.

You also can't fit a 15" tire on a 16" wheel.

Not being slammed on low offset wheels looks like ****. When you lower a miata the wheels tuck in with camber. If you don't slam it, the top of the tire will stick out like a low rider on 13" wire spokes.

205/50/16 on a 16x8 0et is going to be a tough fit. You will need to do a lot of fender work, if not add small flares. It's a pretty tall setup, thats pretty wide and beefy. You originally asked about 15x8 0et 205/50/15. A 205/50/16 is an inch taller so it's even harder to fit, both will stick out the same on the sides.

I know for a fact someone tried this recently with a 205/50/15 15x8.25 xxr 527 and they gave up and sold the wheels. You would have found their posts in the fitment thread if you actually searched. Lots of fender work, or your car will look like a truck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We already went over this in the fitment thread. Why the repost? You really need someone to tell you again?

You can't look slammed without being slammed, that makes absolutely no sense.

You also can't fit a 15" tire on a 16" wheel.

Not being slammed on low offset wheels looks like ****. When you lower a miata the wheels tuck in with camber. If you don't slam it, the top of the tire will stick out like a low rider on 13" wire spokes.

205/50/16 on a 16x8 0et is going to be a tough fit. You will need to do a lot of fender work, if not add small flares. It's a pretty tall setup, thats pretty wide and beefy. You originally asked about 15x8 0et 205/50/15. A 205/50/16 is an inch taller so it's even harder to fit, both will stick out the same on the sides.

I know for a fact someone tried this recently with a 205/50/15 15x8.25 xxr 527 and they gave up and sold the wheels. You would have found their posts in the fitment thread if you actually searched. Lots of fender work, or your car will look like a truck.
Again, no one I saw in the fitment thread had this tire size 205/50/16*. I was concerned about having a dumb escalade look or something, just wanted to see pictures if anyone had any. Sadly my typo turned this thread into a joke:fp:. My bad guys

edit: someone did have 225/45/16 which should have a similar sidewall height. Looked good on an NB, however I was referring to an NA. BTW these would be going on my dd miata not my LS1 which has 15x9 6uls

1 - 19 of 19 Posts