ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a set of 4 matching yokohamas with good tread that I was going to put on some 16x7 wheels and was reading that on some miatas it will rub some not. Anyone with experience please chime in with info on rubbing or not

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts
If you're at stock ride height then they might work. But a 205/50 on a 16" is rather big for a Miata.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you're at stock ride height then they might work. But a 205/50 on a 16" is rather big for a Miata.
It's more like gigantic. Way too big for a Miata, your rolling diameter is completely off. Your mph gauge will be thrown off completely and your mile per gallon will suffer. I would suggest getting some shorter side walls such as the 205/40 or 215/40, that will work best on the 16x7 wheels. if you don't want a bubbly looking tire go with the 205/40.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
stock size on a NC, too large for a NB

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have a set of 4 matching yokohamas with good tread that I was going to pick up some 16x7 and was reading that on some miscast it will rub some not. Anyone with experiencece please chime in with info on rubbing or not
you will want to go for a 205/45 if you are on a 16.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright well by the sound of most responses on here, Maybe I'll just opt to buy some 15's since My bfgoodrich's only have one summer on them and I'll just sell the 16" tires. I'm at stock ride height and I wanted to lower it some...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was also thinking about some drag dr16 15x7's with a 25mm offset. It says Hubcentric rings not included?! Do i need to order these or will I be fine without?

·
Registered
419 Posts
You should be fine as the lug holes and lug nuts should be centering the wheels. The rings only help align it initially. They area cheap to buy anyways, under $25 I believe.

·
Registered
419 Posts
16s and lower the car a little bit. It will make the wheel look a little bigger without having to worry about ground clearance issues.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ive been running 205/50's for the longest, no problems here at all

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I was also thinking about some drag dr16 15x7's with a 25mm offset. It says Hubcentric rings not included?! Do i need to order these or will I be fine without?
not required, but hub centric rings are "preferred". Generally hub centric rings are for cars that use lug bolts instead of lug nuts (i.e, audi, vw, etc.). With that said, lug centric has some play in it and I prefer to be hub centric instead.

they are usually <$20, for piece of mind that your wheel is centered on the spindle/upright as it was intended.

·
Registered
40 Posts
they will fit if ur running stock hieght, i ran them on my NA to transport it when i bought it, they look big though on the miata.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm on 16" wheels, but now moving back to 15". the bigger ones are simply too heavy, messing up the ride quality. tires (205/45/16) were expensive too, like 2x the price of 195/50/15s.

FWIW, the 16s fit without rubbing the fenders on my NA. they are ET38 however, and I'm moderately dropped (Bilstein shocks + Eibach springs)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts