ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
exact setup I have. I am very low, I had a slight rub on one of the inner fender liner mounting tabs up in the front fenders, bent them up by hand and its been good since. No real fender rolling required :D

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
i was really low with the same size tire on a 15x7+38 and i uncurled the lip of the fender from rubbing, had to take out my liners, and i was also hitting the inside of the fender right about where the strut mounts to the car.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
hmm...sounds like it depends on your alignment specs as well. Im at -2.0* camber up front fwiw.

At full lock I think I do rub against the fender liner, when I had all the tires off last to rotate them I noticed the tires had worn them down in one spot, to the point there was a hole. no big deal though.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well mine is still stock. if anything people who saw my car at the kinod my rear is high but my front is still the same. damn those GR-2s.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
also depends on your suspension travel. Stock travel= most likely no rubbing; more travel than stock= maybe rub some like others said.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i agree. my '92 was at stock height with 15x7 +35 wheels. 205/50-15 azenis rubbed under hard cornering.

i've read the '92s sit a bit lower than most miatas. i cannot confirm or refute this.

on FM springs, i couldn't run 205s on those wheels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wonder if I will rub, I hope not. Im putting a 15X6.5 40mm wheel on, with 205/50-15 azenis. on a car with FM springs with the konis on the second perch.

If it does Ill figure somthing out, I really want the wheels Im getting.

And Ive heard rolling the fenders alot, does that change the way the fenders look or does it just give more space for the wheel?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ted, you will have ZERO rub problems. I'm on 15x8 +40s with 225/45 Hankooks and shorter-than-stock shocks and I only rub when I hit a fair-sized bump under hard cornering load. I don't rub the outer fender, either, just the inner liner in several places. I do have 2.3 degrees of camber up front, however.

·
Registered
402 Posts
205/50 on a +38 to +40 will not rub unless you are sitting VERY low, like 11.5" or lower. I am at 12" in the front, on a wheel 1.5" wider, with 20mm more rubber, and I only rub at 100% shock compression.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay good, And my car isnt severely lowerd, I can get over any resonably sized speed bumps, mini mountains are another story.

Savington, IS there a forum that Im on and your not? RX-7 club perhaps?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts