ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's Miata was it parked on the shoulder of 210 fwy. going east. I was going to stop and help but I guess I was too late. You made an exit at Sierra Ave. where I live.

Nice car... You live around Fontana also?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Who's Miata was it parked on the shoulder of 210 fwy. going east. I was going to stop and help but I guess I was too late. You made an exit at Sierra Ave. where I live.

Nice car... You live around Fontana also?
That had to be me in my Monster, It stalled on the Fwy with a vapor lock problem, no big deal I just have a few cooling issues to solve on these 100 deg plus days :oops:

The shop that built and maintains the car is S.T.Motorsports in San Bernardino and I'm in Burbank so I'm can be seen travelling the 210 frequently.

Thanks for the complement, :D
Paul
[/img]

·
3,857 Posts
Hey Paul

It's so funny my x-gf saw your car 5-6 months ago in Burbank and she sent me a picture-mail from her cell phone :)
I also have a Laguna and I am/was looking for deep dish wheels!
She told me you won't believe what I found...and I was yeah right....and when I saw your car I got crazy...and I started explaining to her the whole story about these monsters.
Are you original owner?

·
3,857 Posts
Hey I found the message (on the 28th of February)
I sent you some pictures of a miata - I saw it while going to work and it's wheels were so fat and and deep dish the way u like it
anyways it was laguna blue too - i liked them

I remember she told me that you saw her taking the pictures and you were laughing :mrgreen:

Here is my x :)
http://bluelaguna94.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album31&id=DSC00016_Large_JPG

and below you can see the pictures that she sent me...I'm 99% sure it's you car (hey how many monster lagunas are in Burbank)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
WHAT THE WANGAN!!!

My buddy saw you in anehiem Last night, said your car was really loud. Even though I was in the area as well I missed it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Automatic :( im sure its still a blast but it would get kinda old (yes i know its a powerglide)
Well it all started with bent valves from overreving, so we repaired the heads and changed out the pistons with lower compression ones to better accommodate the blower. As I was having trouble with the T5 manual Ford tranny at the time (I could not speed shift whilst drag racing) and the fact that the motor and tranny were out I decided to ?experiment? with an Art Carr built C4 automatic (blasphemy) that was sitting in the shop waiting for it's eventual drag strip only Mustang home. I?ve always been a manual shift type of guy but my dragster oriented mechanic at the shop kept saying ?try it you?ll like it"! The tranny is a full manual with reverse shift pattern, and when I drove it around town and it felt good, shifted instantly and shifted when I wanted it to, (full manual valve body, no "D" position and it stays in gear until YOU shift it, like a manual without a clutch) so I drove the Monster with the automatic through the ?Angeles Crest? (a medium to high speed mountain road), ?Moulholand Drive? and ?Latigo Canyon? (both slow tight mountain road with lots of 1st gear stuff and very short straights) and I absolutely loved the C4, only down side was a lack of an overdrive.

I will probably go back to the T5 manual or add an electric overdrive to the C4 (can you say 6 speed?) when I tire of cruising at 3200 rpm?s but right now I'm tired of changing gearboxes, I?ve had the 5 speed, the C4 (twice) and two different AOD gearboxes in the Monster in the last two months, now I just want to drive and sort out the ?little? stuff.

FYI, A ?Powerglide is a GM 2 speed auto from the 60?s and 70?s used mostly in 800hp+ drag strip only cars today.
A ?C4? is a Ford 3 speed auto from the 80?s.

Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sent you some pictures of a miata - I saw it while going to work and it's wheels were so fat and and deep dish the way u like it

I remember she told me that you saw her taking the pictures and you were laughing :mrgreen:

http://bluelaguna94.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album31&id=DSC00016_Large_JPG

and below you can see the pictures that she sent me...I'm 99% sure it's you car (hey how many monster lagunas are in Burbank)
I was smilling in appreciation, I would never laugh at anyone that cute!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
ahhh, full manual automatics are schawweeet! My dad has one in his vette and I love it. Instant, clutchless shifts..

·
3,857 Posts

I was smilling in appreciation, I would never laugh at anyone that cute!
Hey Paul, when did you get the miata?
Is one of the "original" from Monster Motorsport?
http://www.v8miata.com/v8Miata_Image.asp?theType=Car&theHeader=V8Miata Photos&thePage=CarPhotos

BTW I always like the hood vents of the Monster Miatas are these hand made on the original aluminum hood?

·
Registered
59 Posts
i like the low pros on your car, are they home-made?
It is an original ?Mega Monster? built by Monster Motorsports in 1994. I saw it at the 1995 Los Angeles auto show and I fell in love with it! I hoped I would one day be able to own a Monster of my own, then I found the very same car for sale in 2005 and I bought it on the spot! :D

The hood is an original aluminum hood with louvers cut into it, unfortunately the hood is badly bent up from a mishap :x and will be replace with a Simpson cowl induction hood shortly.

Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
Duplicate #-o

1 - 20 of 32 Posts