ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Central Carolina?s Region of the Sports Car Club of America is proud to present the annual 24 hour autocross.

This event is the first weekend of September (Labor Day weekend) at Continental Tire in Charlotte, NC. The 24 is different from a normal autocross as you are not limited to a specified number of runs. The event is run as two 12 hour sessions; you can sign up to run either of the 12 hour sessions or for the whole 24. For each 12 hour session that you run you must work for 2 hours. When not working you are welcome to make as many runs as you want, in the past we have stopped the event early due to everyone being exhausted and not wanting to make any more runs. At the 24 you are given five official timed runs that you can take at any time during the event, and only those runs count towards the results. You must declare a run to be an official run before you leave the starting line. This event is great for novices and experienced autocrossers as well. For novices it allows them to run the same course many times which removes the difficulty of having to focus on remembering the course and allows them to focus on their driving. For the experienced drivers you are not likely to find a better opportunity to test and tune your car unless you have your own personal parking lot.

Continental Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28273
Gas will be available at the Shell gas station at Westinghouse & I-77

Directions
From North take I-77 South to Westinghouse Blvd. NC Exit-1
Turn right onto Westinghouse Blvd.
Go 0.2 miles
Turn right onto GRANITE ST.
Go 0.3 miles
Turn Left onto Continental Boulevard

From South take I-77 North to the James G Martin Frwy. / I-485 E / Westinghouse Blvd Exit-1.
Take the Westinghouse Blvd. Exit
Turn left onto Westinghouse Blvd.
Go 0.4 miles
Turn right onto GRANITE ST.
Go 0.3 miles
Turn Left onto Continental Boulevard

Visit http://www.CCRSCCA.com for more information.
And while you are there visit the CCR forums
http://www.ccrscca.proboards51.com

Satelite photos:
Yellow circle is where the course will be, red circle is the paddock area (I think)

Overview of where the site is in relation to I-77 / I-485 intersection.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,642 Posts
Shame I don't live closer...it looks like it'd be fun :mrgreen:

The gal's coming into town that week, so I will be VERY happily occupied ;)

On a side note...I had no idea I-77 went down to Charlotte. It's the main highway that goes through my hometown (Canton, OH)!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah, I think I'll be down for this one :)

Rick....800hp Corvette.....Red C6 Z06 with black wheels? Supercharged? If yes, then I think we've had his car in the shop before, pretty sweet ride (except for the interior :puke: )

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I think I'll be down for this one :)

Rick....800hp Corvette.....Red C6 Z06 with black wheels? Supercharged? If yes, then I think we've had his car in the shop before, pretty sweet ride (except for the interior :puke: )
Yeah, that's him... big, body builder looking guy... amazing ride! Actually a C5, not-Z06, a look-a-like.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Just looked at my previous post and saw that I wrote "C6 Z06"....definitely meant C5...didn't know it was a clone, either...oh well :lol:

I don't know if I'm going to register yet. Going all depends on whether or not I can get a new clutch in my car by then, and right now it's not looking too good :(

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I came by for a little bit. My exhaust disconnected itself post-cat on the way to the event, so I'm sure I was heard leaving :lol:

Granted, I only looked at it from the sidelines and didn't drive it, but the course looked kind of boring. It seemed to be nothing but loopy squiggles, no straights whatsoever. It seemed like one long, continuous turn...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts