ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Let me know what you think, I see some improvement in most of these shots.

·
Registered
720 Posts
im not a real photography buff but one thing i notice is some shots seem a little too dark

edit: actually most seem too dark
otherwise good pics

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda my style, I always try to make the shadows jet black, but I should back it off some with a black car. :)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that image the ground is washed-out though, I hate that.

Black cars are stupid!

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
That's kinda my style, I always try to make the shadows jet black, but I should back it off some with a black car. :)
That's a bad excuse for bad photography. I'm not a photographer, but as an artist, I do know that when the subject you are focusing on has no clear focus or composition, you lose the whole piece as art completely.

The end user should, even as art ignorant as they can be, should never have to strain to see what you're trying to photograph, paint, draw. You have 5-10 seconds if their attention tops. They should not have to work hard to "get" what you're trying to convey.

Like I said, don't use "this is my style" as an excuse. Because you haven't developed a style yet --it takes years to do that for any forum of art. And everyone knows, dark subject + dark background is horrid for any photo.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Too many shots standing up at normal height. Kneel down or climb up on something. Take pictures from an angle most people never see the car from.

And yeah, they're too dark.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That seems to be a popular place to take pictures, I swear I've seen at least 2 other shoots at that location on Honda-Tech.

·
Registered
718 Posts
WTFuck240convertibles

the pictures are too dark.

you should see if you can pack some of those shop lights on stands into whatever car you use to get to shoots and light it up a little. there are a lot of places I've seen that have really random places for outlets, so if you could find one that would be great. otherwise, pack a generator (FTL).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts