ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I want to know what the largest tire size (overall diameter) can be used with the tuckin 99 large flare kit (like kickinoutyo's car). i am planning on running 255/30-19 tires on the rear (o.d.= 25.1") I previously had 215/35-18 (o.d.=23.9") with no rub or scrub with out the flares. I am worried that tghe tire will rub on the front side of the rear wheel opening and if it doesn't rub, i'm worried it will look wierd (pushed too far forward in wheel well opening) before you guys start hating the wheel/ tire combo, lemme tell you that I work for a custom car shop and have access to custom built forged 3 piece wheels with a sick deep lip (6" deep) but only in 19" size. But since the wheels will be free and I can have them cut in any style I want, I can't pass up the chance for a custom built set of 18x8.5 front and 19x9.5-10 in the rear with a 6" deep lip. I will also have a set of 15x8 and 16x8 sportmax rims to play with, so don't worry. i just want to see what you other guys are runnig under your flares and see how the overall diameter of your rolling stock looks under the flares.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok, before anyone says it, i'll be the first

that **** looks ugly as ****

imo, anything over 15's on a NA is too big/ugly/fucking useless

oh and that front bumper is ugly too

but then again its only my opinion so whatever

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
car looks nice and sweet.... but that 18" wheel just raises the whole car way up off the ground. 19" would be worse still.

BTW- how did you swing the free wheels? Can't you just spec it out w/ 16" like Chris Lee's car?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the positive feedback!!!! You must the hottest miata around!!. Plus those wheels were like 4 sets ago, so relax, someone asked to see 18"s on the car. As far as the bumper is concerned, if its hot enough for re amemiya then its hot enough for me to rock it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the car is now equipped with tein flex with edfc controller, so i should be able to get it pretty low. As for the wheels, i am the natinal distributor for a custom forged line of wheels, so I can build what ever i want as long as it's over 18". I'm thinking old skool 4 spoke with machined face on one side of car and brushed mesh on the other side. I'm in the wheel business so i gotta represent ya know.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Well the car is now equipped with tein flex with edfc controller, so i should be able to get it pretty low. As for the wheels, i am the natinal distributor for a custom forged line of wheels, so I can build what ever i want as long as it's over 18". I'm thinking old skool 4 spoke with machined face on one side of car and brushed mesh on the other side. I'm in the wheel business so i gotta represent ya know.
Daaaamn you lucky fool!!!! Which wheel company if I may ask?

How come you don't build up some kind of VIP car to showcase those 18"+ rims? 19's look right at home on a Lexus LS or Infiniti M45.... ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish i had a 64 caddy to throw some d's on the lac! haha I wish I was a rich boy too. The wheel company is NC Forged. They build custom one off stuff for my vip clients all the time. You can see some of there stuff on my website at www.ultimate-audio.com
just type nc forged in the search bar. Or you can go to www.ncfrorged.com too but more pics of their custom work on my site. as far as VIP goes i'm tryin to get wifey to see the light but she curbs too much ****.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dig the axis too. i switch rims alot but always go back to the axis. I had two sets 15" and 17" so i tried the stagger look. 15's too small for my taste 17's are hot though. As far as power is concerned I'm prepping the car for an eventual ls1 swap, or a hot irtb setup. Plus those big wheels will be for cruisin will have other set to play with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts