ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
There's a miata from Japan that I saw a picture of that had an RB26 in it. And a 2jz would probably fit in a Miata. Might take a cowl hood. A guy over on ^.net from Australia was working on a 1jz-gte swap with a powerglide tranny and a big single for drag racing. He said the motor fit no problem. The only difference that I am aware of in the dimensions of the 1 and 2j is that the 2j is a bit taller. So it's doable. it would take a lot of work though.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I would love to just have a NA miata with a 13b in it. 2jz is a big weight difference and will probably throw the balance of the car off substantially. Yea its cool and all that they successfully did that but what the hell are you going to do with that car and all that power? High way race? Throw it on a dyno and make mad whp? Its cool but for 16000.00 thats such a waste of money.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,049 Posts
Yea its cool and all that they successfully did that but what the hell are you going to do with that car and all that power? High way race? Throw it on a dyno and make mad whp? Its cool but for 16000.00 thats such a waste of money.
:lol: so is anything beyond stock horsepower, suspension, etc. if you ask some people ;)

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
That's a long and very heavy engine.... not a good fit for the S2k. In japan some tuners even chuck the 2JZ from the Supra and swap in a 3SGTE for weight reduction!

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've seen SR20's go in just about anything. I think I have only seen 1 miata with it though. Not a bad motor swap. How about when they take that f20 out they can put it in my car? ;)

I did think the 16,000 is way too much. That 16,000 is enough to mod the crap out of an S2000 and get it up to 500-600 rwhp without a swap.

Though I have seen a 2JZ FD3S and it kicked some serious ass. There are so many engines out there though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts