ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't use the search here still without getting errors and google is bringing up to much varied answers for this.

I had my car jacked up for the first time tonight while I painting my wheels and I noticed my rear right wheel has about half an inch total of movement from one side to the other. I only noticed side to side movement and no up and down movement. I took it for a quick drive around the block after discovering this to see if it somehow just recently happened and to see if it had noticeable effect to the driving. While the roads around the neighborhood aren't exactly smooth and level, the car seems to be driving fine, no noticeable wobble or bumpiness (other than bumps in the road) or pull. I am about to make a 12 hour trip from Arizona to Texas for Thanksgiving and I'm wondering if this is a serious problem that will prevent taking the Miata or if it's just something that needs to be taken care of here in the near future?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this sounds like worn bearing?

*Edit* Heh, posted at the same time

Is this a serious problem? I plan to replace it as soon as possible, but I don't have time before I need to leave to Texas. There isn't any noise issues normally associated with worn bearing though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts