ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I see you guys with low offsets, do you guys rub alot? Do you have the fenders rolled?

I just lowered my car and put my +32 offset rims on(many of you guys have much lower offsets), I don't know how much I lowered it though :lol: I have 15x6.5 wheels on with 195 series tires and under hard left or right turning I hear rubbing.

If all it needs of fender rolling, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Yep all you need is fender rolling. It is amazing that you rub. I have 15x8 0 et with 205/50/15/rolled fenders/ neg camber and have no rubbing issues. Maybe your not rubbing on the fender but on the inner fender liner.
Are your tire walls chewed up?
Also, are you on the factory soft suspension?

·
3,857 Posts
If it's from the front fenders, it's the fender liner!
Check it out and it would be torn in the areas that are sticking out more!

If you run 195/50/15 and you rub the fender liner you are probably TOO LOW!

I use to rub the fender liner with 205/50/15 and I totally removed it with the new -even larger- 215/45/16 wheels...

FYI
195/50/15->11.3" (radius)
205/50/15->11.5" (radius)
215/45/16->11.8" (radius)

·
Mufasa in Training
35,135 Posts
If you must, take out the fender liners first. Might as well do something that is easily reversable, eh? If that fails, roll the fenders (doesn't that require removing the liners anyway?).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on Tein Flex, I'll try to take measurements today of my drop.

I really want to stay away from removing the fender liner, and I'm hoping that you don't have to remove it when you roll the fenders. I'll give it try though to see the outcome.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
with my 205s 15x7 +35, I was rubbing on one of the fender liner mounting tabs on each side....bent them up by hand and no more rubbing, fender liners still intact. Our offsets are so close hopefully you can do the same. And youre running a slightly narrower rim and narrower tire.

·
3,857 Posts
By the way I don't think the offset is responsible for this kind of rubbing...FYI I had the factory (2001 15") Rims and I was still rubbing...

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
good point, alignment could also be a factor. I had 15" m edition wheels on previously also with 205s and I had no rubbing, as soon as I upgraded to 15x7 +35 then I had a little bit of rubbing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
its most likely ur fender liner. I'm running +32 and lowered and its rubbin on the inside. I don't wanna take off my fender liner cuz i did that on my last car and the rain, salt...etc...made bunch of my suspension rust..BAD. Anyone know if they got softer plastic that they can use for fender liners from like Home Depot or like Lowes? I wanna take em off, but i don't want my sh1t to rust..??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.