ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy I found a 3800 supercharged fiero engine for a good price but has anyone done this swap before or is it even possible???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I say why not? Just because someone else hasn't done is no reason NOT to do it :) would be a pretty sweet combination after looking at some supercharged fiero youtube vids. That engine sounds nasty, in a good way. Question is, how much money you got?

·
··
4,227 Posts
Honestly I think if you have to ask like this you don't have the creativity, ingenuity, or mechanical ability to pull something like that off. Not tryin' to down ya man but I think you'd get in way over your head real quick and left with a torn up car and broke.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The supercharged 3800 in the Buicks was a good engine but for what it would cost to swap that in a Miata you could do a LS1 swap.

·
Registered
172 Posts
anything can be done if you have the money. Mechanical know-how and the resources to get the job done.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
I've seen these engines come out of some older Grand Prix's. They're okay and can make decent power if maintained properly.
I think your biggest initial hurdle will be finding/making a transmission bellhousing and oil pan that'll play nice with the rear-drive configuration. Then you get to see about how to retain the PPF...or how to replace it with something else.
Just some stuff to think about...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks just by reading an watch tons of youtube about the engine it looks like i would have alot of fabricating and what not!!!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
3800sc is a great swap... for a GM jbody/nbody/etc. It is not exactly a motor for an FR layout. LS1 yo, LS1.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why not just keep the Fiero, those were GREAT cars.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
WAIT! So this is plug and play?

Where do I insert penis?

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
3800sc is a great swap... for a GM jbody/nbody/etc.
Saw a 3.8 dropped in a 2nd gen cavalier. The owner ditched the blower and added a turbo...and that thing flew. Was a dedicated drag car that was vaguely street legal. Good times....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts