ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up another Miata... yay. It's my third MX-5, and my second NB. I picked it up for a whopping $500! Bad news is I believe it has rod knock.. I dropped it off as SB Garage in South SF last night, and I'm having Jason diagnose it. The soft top is pretty beat up. Car also has some rust along the rocker panels & underbody, but I can address that later.

Good news is the rest of the body is straight. No accidents on the CarFax. Transmission feels good. It has a Flyin' Miata dual exhaust & Bilsteins. Only 100k on the clock. Can't really complain.

My plan for the car is a fun street/ light track car. We'll see... as I tend to get bored of things relatives fast.

Now for some some pictures!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
swap a LNC 1.6 in that bad boy.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Minor update, I guess. I've sourced another BP4W with the help of SB Garage. It's actually coming out of the car owned by someone I met a long time ago. Within the next 2 weeks, I should hopefully have an engine and a HD-DD roll bar. That's it for now. No photos, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had some serious **** come up very recently, and I'm not quite sure of this project in it's entirety, but I do have a minor update.

Out with the old

Working on the new

Aaaaaaand this is how she sits as of 12:39pm

Should have it all running by the end of the week I believe, but I'm now out of a job, so it's questionable. I'm deciding whether to keep the Miata to daily, and sell my other daily... or sell this car and keep the daily.

Here's my shitty daily..

Tough choice. Regardless, the R6 is definitely staying. Sorry for the crappy editing in advance.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in times like this, sell whatever gets you the most money.
Super late response, but Idk. I'll see where I am when the car is finished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts