ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
A hip young man goes out and buys him the best car available: a 1990 Mazda Miata. He then lightens it to weigh only 1,100 pounds through extensive use of carbon fiber look parts and he swaps in a 4-rotor motor that makes an estimated 1600hp. It is the best and most expensive car in the world, and it sets him back $500,000. He takes it out for a spin and, while doing so, stops for a red light. An old man on a moped (both looking about 90 years old) pulls up next to him. The old man looks over the sleek, shiny surface of the car and asks, "What kind of car ya' got there, sonny?"

The young man replies "A 1990 Mazda Miata 4-rotor. It cost $500,000."

"That's a lot of money" says the old man, shocked. "Why does it cost so much?

"Because this car can do up to 320 miles an hour!" states the cool dude proudly.

The moped driver asks, "Can I take a look inside? "Sure," replies the owner.

So, the old man pokes his head in the window and looks around. Leaning back on his moped, the old man says "That's a pretty nice car, all right!"

Just then, the light changes, so the guy decides to show the old man what his car can do. He floors it, and within 30 seconds the speedometer reads 320 MPH.

Suddenly, he notices a dot in his rear view mirror. It seems to be getting closer! He slows down to see what it could be and suddenly, whhhoossh! Something whips by him, going much faster!

"What on earth could be going faster than my Miata?" the young man asks himself.

Then, ahead of him, he sees a dot coming toward him. Whoooooosh! It goes by again, heading the opposite direction! And, it almost looked like the old man on the moped! "Couldn't be," thinks the guy. "How could a moped outrun my Miata?"

Again, he sees a dot in his rear view mirror! Whooooosh Ka-BbblaMMM! It plows into the back of his car, demolishing the rear end. The young man jumps out, and good grief, it is the old man!!! Of course the moped and the old man are hurting for certain. He runs up to the dying old man and says, "You're hurt bad! Is there anything I can do for you?"

The old man groans and replies "Yes. Unhook my suspenders from your side-view mirror!"

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Bah, he is just a young laddy, just dont know any better. :^o Instead of flaming him, why not invite him here to discuss REAL modifications so that he can become more educated on motor swaps, or maybe learn how to save weight etc? If that what his real goals are. He just needs some direction, thats all. :wink:

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I like how he noted he has Brembos, but his wheel picture shows the stock brakes. Also it's sitting on stock suspension from what I can see :-k

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
4 hood pins????????????/
Maybe he has no hood hinges? Let's take it easy on this guy. He probably made most of that stuff up to generate interest in his site which certainly worked since we're all talking about it. Someone with a Cardomain account should contact him and invite him here so that we can show him the light.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i actually saw this guys cardomain a long time ago and asked him about his hood since i have the same one. wanted to know some fitment stuff, seemed pretty cool and replied and helped me decide on some stuff. looks like he's done some new stuff like paint and change of kits since i talked to him last.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yea, I mean the has a decent amount of work done to it, if he would have just focused on that it would be a nice car(even though ive seen how much people the veilside kit in other threads) but all the bs about 1600 hp and 1100 #s is ruining his site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts