ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent some time looking at doing the hubs in the 4x114.3 for the Miata. The kit would require different brake rotors to be used with the larger bolt pattern being too large for the stock rotors to be re-used. An estimate on a cost for a kit would be around $500 for the hubs, bearings, and brake rotors. Does this fall within a range people would be willing to pay?

Let the comments rip!

Derrick

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
posting this up on roadsterdrift.com would also yield some good results i think.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
if that would be all four corners, yes that sounds reasonable to me.

I'll be following along.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
yes that sounds reasonable. I dont think many people would pay more than that though. Id be very happy also :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yeah, I think that is the north end of what people would pay.
I'd have a hard time justifying more than that on a part whose function is to make me spend more money on wheels.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
you want to run 18x12 -45 VIP wheels?

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
500 for all corners??
not sure what size rotors you'd have to come up with to match up.
possibly ae86 or 240sx rotors might be a good idea, since parts are plentiful and cheap.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i would def like that idea and price. but as stated before i would probably actually buy this if it were 5x114.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
I feel the majority of people would use 4x114 more than 5x114. 5x114.3 is more common for 16" or larger wheels.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I will NOT be buying them if they are 5x114.3.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Definately down for the 4x114.3

I hate seeing a set of used 4x114.3 wheels go for half the price of a 4x100 set.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
4x114.3 for 500 on all 4 corners? The price sounds very reasonable to me.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
5x114.3 would be great. You could use RX-7 (FC, 5 lug) hubs. Maybe even include the mounts to use their 4piston calipers?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So for you people wanting the 4x114.3 hubs are you going to run out and pickup some SSRs with a Hachi fitment?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
more or less.

i scoured their board one day and was amazed at the fucking rad wheels forsale and the price that some people wanted for them. we are going to infultrate their market and drive the cost of wheels through the roof

1 - 20 of 169 Posts