ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Frost King part# V25BK- buy one package, open it and cut it lengthwise down the middle-carefully. Next peel the backing off and attach to the hardtop. Trim edges, DONE.
(legal disclaimer:due to the nature of the product being designed for a different application and the adhesive as delivered by the manufacturer being an unknown variable, the long term efficiency of this product has yet to be determined, install at your own risk)

To clarify it's D profile EPDM rubber weatherseal

·
Registered
419 Posts
Fail. No pics, no care.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Really... Why post this without posting pics?

People are interested in this, stop dicking us around :p

Merry Christmas lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Update, Stage 1 testing is currently being conducted. The car is sitting outside in the rain and the rain rails are still attached.

After an entire day of rain, they still look good and are solidly attached.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Real test is to crack the window and then make a turn and see if you get wet.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have some more rigid stuff that I want to put under the window lip instead of on top of it. I think anything you put on the top is going to allow some water in no matter what.
That's a good idea depending on what you can find to work. Maybe attach it on the inside lip.

·
Registered
181 Posts
LMAO I did this exact same thing in my last miata like 4 yrs ago and my friend (current owner) says it is still holding up perfect...

got some pictures somewhere, just never got around to makimg a thread about it...gretat minds think alike o/p.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts