ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What is the anticipated costs to this four wheel hub kit (minus our own rotors) and what off the shelf rotors will work with this kit?

I am down to my last set of 4x100 wheels and will have no issues converting over to 5 lug.

Are you going to offer wheel studs in the hubs? Possibly ARP or similar extended units?

Pending the answers to my question i would be down for a kit with the stock miata splines.

Thanks,
Matt
Jason will have to post up the price estimate for the kit. I believe it will be $399.

There will be wheel studs in the hubs. A longer stud is an interesting idea for the hubs since they could be installed prior to mounting to make it easy.

-Derrick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just get a stock set produced and then make options as demand comes. Gotta start with the regular one first and see how good demand is, as well as any flaws or things left to be desired are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thee would be awesome for a track project I'm working on; typically length of long studs for a track app is 2.5- 3 inch, extra points for a tapered bullet nose.
The street guys probably wouldn't be interested in studs that long though :)

Marcus

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We had a change of engineers. We should have the new product development people up to speed shortly and get back to updates.

-Derrick

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
We have had a change in personel here at CorkSport for product engineers. I have sent Jacob one of the new engineers a link to this thread to fill people in on details for this project.

-Derrick

·
Registered
9 Posts
My name is Jake and I'm the new product engineer for CorkSport. I have been working on the 5 x 114.3 hubs and have everything drawn up and ready to manufacture, but I need to ensure that there is enough demand to make it worth while to manufacture these.

They way I have it setup now, they would be a direct replacement to the stock hubs, utilizing an off the shelf rotor (5 x 114.3). Rotors would not be included due to shipping costs, but we would include a part number that you could use to pick them up for roughly $15 per rotor locally.

Price should be $299 which includes detailed install instructions and customer support. I need about 30 people to be highly interested in these initially to make it worth the start-up costs.

Jake

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I'm down if this is a bolt on solution. Autolenexions setup was talking about axle swapping.

I will be the first on the list. I want 5x114 so much better for wheel selection

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm down if this is a bolt on solution. Autolenexions setup was talking about axle swapping.

I will be the first on the list. I want 5x114 so much better for wheel selection
NOTE: THE PRICE HAS BEEN LOWERED TO $299, NO LONGER $399.

We are making it bolt-on so you don't have to swap axles. This will be a replacement for your OEM hubs, using readily available off-the-shelf brake rotors. Even though I'm an employee I'm still going to buy them.

1. MrRyanBaker
2. TurboTyla(?)

·
Banned
439 Posts
My name is Jake.... direct replacement to the stock hubs, utilizing an off the shelf rotor (5 x 114.3). Rotors would not be included due to shipping costs, but we would include a part number that you could use to pick them up for roughly $15 per rotor locally.
What size rotor? Would it be for the 1.6l, 1.8l or Sport brackets? I am currently running the Sports on the front, with 1.6l on the rear.

I am definitely interested even if I have to go back to the 1.8l front brake setup. Prefer to run the Sports, but I would rather have some nice fat wheels and tires.

Do you take Paypal deposits?

·
Registered
552 Posts
What size rotor? Would it be for the 1.6l, 1.8l or Sport brackets? I am currently running the Sports on the front, with 1.6l on the rear.

I am definitely interested even if I have to go back to the 1.8l front brake setup. Prefer to run the Sports, but I would rather have some nice fat wheels and tires.

Do you take Paypal deposits?
They're going to be regular 1.8 sized rotors. We will be taking paypal deposits soon, we'll keep the thread updated.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
i have the sport brakes. What will i be needing.

I was under the impression that i will just have to by the adapter and my brackets and my caliper will bolt on.

reguardless i will be buying this even if i have to fabricate my own adapter to sport brakes or have to go to 1.8 calipers. **** if i can get the hubs i may even change to a different caliper down the road something with more bite.

But i am for sure on the list. And it would be for my 2001 se

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I will have to double check but you should be able to use the Mazdaspeed Protege rotors front and rear with the hubs if you have sport brakes. Anyone have the specs on them for diameter and thickness handy?

-Derrick

·
LL cool Dave
2,602 Posts
oh man... i will hold off on my wheel purchase and wait for these
how much deposit and how long before they are shipped?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I will have to double check but you should be able to use the Mazdaspeed Protege rotors front and rear with the hubs if you have sport brakes. Anyone have the specs on them for diameter and thickness handy?

-Derrick
Front

# of Bolt Holes : 5
Bolt Circle Diameter : 4.5"
Brake Rotor Diameter : 10.77"
Brake Rotor Discard Thickness : .87"
Brake Rotor Thickness New : .95"
Brake Rotor Type : Disc Brake Rotor Only
Center Hole Diameter : 2.84"
Height : 1.87"

Too thick.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts