ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Sorry for not keeping up with the flow here at CR.net, we've been busy with tons of shop projects as well as new product work and website upgrades.

I wanted to introduce our newest product, the 5X Racing Mazda Miata Bronze Shifter Bushing! With the success of our aluminum bushing, we heard a demand from hard core racers that were wanting a little more strength and durability for their endurance race Miatas, so we had a special batch of bronze bushings made to meet this need. The designs for both our bronze and aluminum bushings have been rethought to allow a "snap" feature, which was the biggest suggestion to improve on with our aluminum bushings. We incorporated a design feature that allows the bushing (both the bronze and aluminum ones) to snap onto the bottom of the shifter, almost as much as the OEM plastic ones (obviously we couldn't get the same type of snap as the plastic bushing, as metal is not flexible). This helps with installation and will also keep the bushing even more centered on the shifter ball when installed. It's a little feature that should make our bushings even better!

Unfortunately we had to raise the prices a little because of the extra cost involved in the precision machining on the aluminum bushings, and of course with the more expensive bronze materials the price is higher than the aluminum bushings. Nonetheless, we still have an affordable product with very little out there to compare it with. Our bronze bushings still ring up at a lower price then the Beatrush brass bushings, and bronze is a stronger metal. Check out our new bronze bushings for yourselves at our website here:
http://5xracing.com/i-12072601-5x-racing-mazda-miata-bronze-shifter-bushing.html

Here's some pictures from our site, it's very nice looking and has a nice weighted feel to it:

·
Administrator
15,569 Posts
Who do i have to blow to get a bushing worth a damn for the late 6spds?

I have a MiataRoadster delrin bushing, but have read too many horror stories about that part to want to install it in my car. I want a bronze bushing.

How do we make this happen?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who do i have to blow to get a bushing worth a damn for the late 6spds?

I have a MiataRoadster delrin bushing, but have read too many horror stories about that part to want to install it in my car. I want a bronze bushing.

How do we make this happen?
Well I guess to answer your question, you'd have to blow me to get one for your late 6-speed!

We are doing a late 6-speed swap into our 99 project car and I need a bushing, so I am going to have a batch of both aluminum and bronze made for them. Hang tight man! Give me about a month or so, maybe more knowing machinists and their lack of urgency. This is already in the works, so it's happening. I can't ignore the value of these bushings based on how well our aluminum ones sold.

The best way to know when they're released is to sign up for our newsletter, or like our facebook page. I give our facebook fans first notice on new releases, newsletters come second, and then CR.net (only one we can announce on since we're a sponsor).

Hope this makes you a little happier!

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Hmmmmmmm. Never had a problem at autox but heavy track duty may be different. Any way I could get one of these for my early 6 speed?

·
Administrator
15,569 Posts
Well I guess to answer your question, you'd have to blow me to get one for your late 6-speed!

We are doing a late 6-speed swap into our 99 project car and I need a bushing, so I am going to have a batch of both aluminum and bronze made for them. Hang tight man! Give me about a month or so, maybe more knowing machinists and their lack of urgency. This is already in the works, so it's happening. I can't ignore the value of these bushings based on how well our aluminum ones sold.

The best way to know when they're released is to sign up for our newsletter, or like our facebook page. I give our facebook fans first notice on new releases, newsletters come second, and then CR.net (only one we can announce on since we're a sponsor).

Hope this makes you a little happier!

<3 :hello kitty:

Wait.... you already made an aluminum one for these transmissions? o_O I didn't know that. I get your newsletter though. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<3 :hello kitty:

Wait.... you already made an aluminum one for these transmissions? o_O I didn't know that. I get your newsletter though. :)
No, we haven't made anything for the late 6-speeds yet, you haven't missed anything. Both the aluminum and bronze bushings for the late 6-speeds will be available soon, we're in the development phase of them right now. Thanks for being on our newsletter list though! You'll be one of the first to know when they're available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts