ClubRoadster.net banner

So will this throttle body bypass kit work?

• Nah, aint no way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, makes sence.

• Possibily, im not sure.

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Makes sense on paper but if it actually worked... I'd be astonished. No no, flabergasted.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
it's a sound theroy, but lame application. One of those Hondata insulating intake manifold gaskets would do a better job. I also dobt it's effectiveness on an NA car.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I got rid of all my TB warmer lines months ago.

I didn't see no 8hp. I also see a bouncy idle until the intake manifold heatsoaks enough to fake out the sensor in the TB.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
it's a sound theroy, but lame application. One of those Hondata insulating intake manifold gaskets would do a better job. I also dobt it's effectiveness on an NA car.
Probably, but that doesn't stop the coolant from continuing to warm up your intake manifold. If you type coolant bypass into google you'll notice people have been doing this for a long time, some people dyno and say it may give them 2hp under heatsoaked conditions, and some say it does nothing.
I say every bit of power and cooler air helps. And if you go down to your auto parts store you can find that little brass fitting, which is all you need, for a couple bucks.

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
exactly what fwdtamiya said.
there was a long discussion about this on mazda-speed.com, and from the looks of it, it's something you won't notice, but will help deliver a cooler charge of air.

but if you get caught in stop and go traffic, your idle will get all weird.

·
Registered
459 Posts
the coolant hose that is conn to the iacv? well- it sure seem to make sense if they were built without them to begin with. not only GM is using tb without an intake warmer. acura TL using drive by wire system do away with those coolant intake mani warmers... leaving out those iacv which when goes bad...leaves ur car with idle fluctuating 1.5k-2k rpm.
if you really gotta do it, delete the WHOLE junk.

·
Registered
459 Posts
btw: even with the by-pass on the system i think ur talking about...just un-routing it doesn't mean the other idle control devices disappear or stops to interfere with the engine. thats where the problem lies if you're thinking of this mod. i've already done this to my honda... again, this was due to iacv failure and problems forcing me to "plug up" the water passage ways. it was better designed on the honda's mani, but no performance gain. it just leaves ur car to idle at 500rpm cold start. as for our mazda? i expect the same... but what're u gonna do with that big fuckin hole for the iacv on the intake?

i only assume the same for our miatas with no power gain and possible sacrifice of fuel mileage. this is only my opinion: don't do it.
if i didn't convince you-LETS SWITCH throttle body. i need one with a working iacv. will gladly give it up for your experiment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts