ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering if anyone can find a sort of picture guide to installing a full 6 point roll cage? I?ve finally managed to find a 6 point bolt in after much searching and its currently in my front room looking awesome, however, I?ve never installed one before.

The most of it is fairly straight forward I think? remove seats? then err?

The rear shelf is the hard bit I think, what is the general accepted method there? Remove the aluminium shelf?
:?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
which bolt in cage is it?

I outlined my cage install in the new Sport Compact Car, but it was not bolt in. It really depends on the cage. Does it go behind the dash? You most definately will need to cut the packing shelf.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure, I can't decipher the japanese text, the only legible writing for a layman like me is NA6/NA8 which are obviously no help, except to tell me it will on day fit.

Here's the beastie in the flesh:

All the bars except for the main arc attach with bolts, so it can be put in in steps at least!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It looks like it curves around the dash. The two front legs get bolted through the floorboords. The main hoop gets bolted to the floor just behind the seats. The rear fore/aft bracing bolts to the sheet metal either side of the gas tank and will require trimming the rear parcel shelf panel. If the roll cage did not come with backing plates or hardware then I suggest you make some backing plates that are at least as large in area as the roll cage feet and use grade 8 fasteners.

·
3,542 Posts
I would imagine you would take it apart, install the 4 point bar, add the front legs then add the bar on top. Looks like a Safety21 bar, but many bars look like that.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The rear portion of it looks quite like my Carbing 4 point bar.

In which case the 2 rear legs go through the parcel shelf and fix to the floor just in front of the rear shock mounts.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
+1 for freedoms assesment.

just take your seats out and pull the parcel shelf... when you get the shelf situation sorted out, start in the front and work your way back. also I double nut bolt in cages.

I go from the bottom, bolt (pointing up), backing plate, car, cage plate, nut (tighted to spec), 2nd nut (tightend half past tight). then if Im feeling froggy, I'll safety wire the in-cabin end of the bolt to the cage. its kinda obsessive but... better than the alternative.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With all those bends I would worry about the cage folding.
I will also be installing door bars and another upper diagonal for precisely that reason, but they're not in that pic 8)

Cheers for all the tips guys, I'll get in all on photos and post up the results when they arrive. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts