ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know if the 6speed trans is a plug and play for the NB or is it more than meets the eye ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow is it really that easy
i dont have to do anything. just buy drop it in and now im 6 sp ?
it just seems to easy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

sorry just thought it was going to be hard
now that i know im going to look around for a 6 sp

·
··
4,227 Posts
For what though? If you're looking for better ratios don't bother. Even with a 6spd you'll still cruise in like 3k rpmish.
If you wanna be like "Eyyyy girl, check out my car its a 6spd" just buy a shift knob w/ 6 gears. :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For what though? If you're looking for better ratios don't bother. Even with a 6spd you'll still cruise in like 3k rpmish.
If you wanna be like "Eyyyy girl, check out my car its a 6spd" just buy a shift knob w/ 6 gears. :p
wait really. i drive alot on the freeways and im always like 4krpm
i thought if you have a 6 speed it would be at a lower rpm
i guess im stupid

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
FYI the top gear on the 6 speed is actually taller than the top gear on the 5 speed, and If you are ratard: swap in a 6 speed with your current fd and the rpm will be higher when cruising

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
I wonder if there's a 3.6 or something that's swappable. :?
It's worth about the same as a pound of gold

Edit: Let me get this you want to take your slow car and make it worse? Just suck it up it'll drive like ****.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cork Sport sells 3.63 gears and they are great for the highway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
welll my goal is to go turbo and i know the MSM 6sp is stronger than 5 and reg 6 speed
trans so i guess it kinda works out :whistle:

·
Registered
300 Posts
welll my goal is to go turbo and i know the MSM 6sp is stronger than 5 and reg 6 speed
trans so i guess it kinda works out :whistle:
Actually the 5-speed seems to be stronger than the 6-speed and other then the turbo the Mazda Speed is a stock Miata. Nothing in the engine or trans was changed. The only engine difference is that they used the 99-00 motor with out VVT.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts