ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 95 NA is just about to hit 60,000 miles and I would just like to know what parts I should be replacing soon before I have any issues. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
This is what I would recommend you do:

This brings us to the 60,000 mile maintenance. The "Big One". Assuming all maintenance has been done on the car to date, this is what to expect.
  • A full tune-up and fluid change, including the brake and clutch fluid.
  • Suspension and brakes should be checked. (A good time to think of replacing those old shocks!)
  • Four wheel alignment.
  • All the belts. If money is tight, the timing belt could wait, but don't wait too long (no more than 75,000). You do stand the risk of being stranded if the belt breaks. If the belt breaks, there should do no further damage to the engine, (this engine is a non interference type) but it will not run.
  • When the timing belt is replaced, be sure to have the camshafts and crankshaft seals replaced. This is a job for someone that will stand by their work. It is very easy to scratch the surface of the shafts when pulling the old seals out. If this happens, the new seals will leak and could be expensive to repair. Be sure the crankshaft bolt is cleaned, and Loctite is used along with the correct torque.
  • When the timing belt is being replaced, be sure to have the water pump checked for leakage. The water pump is mounted inside the timing belt area. If the water pump has to be replaced, the timing belt has to be taken off to gain access to the pump. Best to check it when the belt is off the car, if it is leaking, it can be replaced for a lot less labor at this time.
  • When a timing belt is replaced, the valve cover gasket should also be renewed. (The valve cover has to be removed to replace the belt.)
  • The timing has to be adjusted after doing a timing belt, so if you have a preferred spec (14 deg, 18 deg) this can be done at this time. Also, if you are running a setting other than stock, be sure the technician working on the car is aware of it, or he may put it back to a stock setting.
Also spark plugs and wires and fuel filter

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Can anyone expand on the term "A full tune-up" What does this entail exactly?

·
Supporting Member
2,284 Posts
Full tune up?..plugs, wires, air filter and PCV...Super tune up includes brake fluid and clutch fluid flush, lube all hinges on the doors, hood and trunk..check air pressure in tires and change the blinker fluid...:eek:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I changed mine at 100k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts