ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just uploaded all of my pics of my build process for my 60$ lo-pros. I just posted them as quick as I could, I won't be able to do the writeup til tomorrow.

http://www.diymiata.com/lowpro.htm

Price/Parts List: $30 for 1990 Eagle Talon headlights
$30 for a pair of Sylvania H4666SX Halogen 4x6s
$0 leftovers: a couple inches of 1'' wide, 1/8'' thick steel

The headlight rise height is about 2/3rds of what it used to be. I'll take some better overall pics tomorrow during the daytime and some more closeups of linkages etc.

Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
That looks great.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
looks great, I would still like to do this eventually, even though Ive grown to love the miatas huge popups

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Looks like 1st gen Eclipse lights. You should try to blend the surrounds together for a more completed look. Great DIY =D>

·
Registered
600 Posts
ive gotten used to the huge ass barn doors but im probably gonna do this just so i have something to do and DIY is fun. a writeup would rock

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
if you do a write up and I dont lose any lighting at night I will definitely do this.

EDIT: just saw the pics, that with some foglights will definitely show more light then I have now. currently waiting for the write-up :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I'll do it now. I've been caught up with school and I just finished, so now I have all the time in the world.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK I was joking, I couldn't do it last night because I needed to modify it today, the lights were pointing at the ground so I had to get some longer bolts. My lights should be good now pointing forward.

·
Registered
498 Posts
thanks thanks thanks....

as an ex-DSMer this is a great write-up cause those are easy parts to get.

thanks again

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put about 2/3rds of the writeup up because I need to take some better pics of the final setup today before I finish it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it gave me a good idea where to start. I think I may try out your pivot arm linkage and skip out on the ball joints because the joints vibrate slightly when I hit bumps causing my headlights to shake. It's not bad but a little annoying cause I want it to be perfect :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts