its fucking ridiculous, thats about all there is to it

·
Registered
344 Posts
:shock: I wouldn't mind one of those in the garage

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
See, I've told a couple of you guys about Dennis, and now you see proof!

His car is SICK! That engine is custom built from bottom to top. He's running a Miata 6 speed tranny and a Quaffe LSD.

His last engine posted 454hp, but that wasn't enough I guess! :shock:

·
Registered
341 Posts
See, I've told a couple of you guys about Dennis, and now you see proof!

His car is SICK! That engine is custom built from bottom to top. He's running a Miata 6 speed tranny and a Quaffe LSD.

His last engine posted 454hp, but that wasn't enough I guess! :shock:
You're right that is sick :shock:

I just a sent to link to a friend of mine and he said

"I'll never say anything bad about a miata ever again"

wow. that truly is amazing. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
damn i wanna see this car in action!! anyone have videos or any specs on the car?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll tell you this, when the boost comes on it felt like I was drop kicked in the chest. 100mph was there and gone in a blink of an eye

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My guess is the sheet metal intake manifold was made by or for Racing Mazda. Hopefully Dennis will become a member here and tell us for sure. Speaking of manifolds, whatever became of this BEGi intake manifold?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
That's a custom-made intake plenum, boys and girls!

I'm pretty sure it was made by the same guy that built his engine.

Here's some more info I found out tonight:

Dennis bought one of the tubular-frame Miatas from Racing Miata and is putting the engine featured above in said car! He said it's just too much for the street and wants to build a track car. He will have another engine built for his yellow Miata that's a bit more streetable. Yeah, like 400hp maybe, huh? hehe

ALSO, Dennis hasn't given out specific numbers on a 1/4 mile for his Miata, but he said it was faster than his Porsche, which is the car in the link above that pulled a 9.90!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My guess is the sheet metal intake manifold was made by or for Racing Mazda. Hopefully Dennis will become a member here and tell us for sure. Speaking of manifolds, whatever became of this BEGi intake manifold?

It's available in small batches from BEGi. I think it's too small volume and too big labor to be a regular catalogue item for Corky, but I think he'll make a batch every now and then.

We are finished with the Intake Manifold replacement for maximum power applications.
It comes powdercoated in black, and can be drilled for four vacuum ports. It will fit '94 to '04 Miatas. It can be sold with or with out the throttle body. Pricing is not final yet, but we have 1 more manifold available for $319.00. The next batch of manifolds is due in the first of June. Pictured below is the aftermarket Throttle Body we have to go with manifold. The Throttle Body is $150.00 and comes in a polished aluminum finish.

The estimated power increase is 5 to 8 percent. Installing this part is 'not for the faint of heart', which means it won't be simple. We will try to fit it to a MazdaSpeed some time in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
"It will fit '94 to '04 Miatas" doesn't the NB head have a different angle on the intake?

I'm sure it will fit but it's probably not as good as it could be.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love that turbo mani, they ought to make a kit. The craftsmanship in that reminds me of "Full Race" kits for Hondas.

I think if they sold that as a hardware-only kit, with a more sane turbo, they'd do well.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts

It's available in small batches from BEGi. I think it's too small volume and too big labor to be a regular catalogue item for Corky, but I think he'll make a batch every now and then.

We are finished with the Intake Manifold replacement for maximum power applications.
It comes powdercoated in black, and can be drilled for four vacuum ports. It will fit '94 to '04 Miatas. It can be sold with or with out the throttle body. Pricing is not final yet, but we have 1 more manifold available for $319.00. The next batch of manifolds is due in the first of June. Pictured below is the aftermarket Throttle Body we have to go with manifold. The Throttle Body is $150.00 and comes in a polished aluminum finish.

The estimated power increase is 5 to 8 percent. Installing this part is 'not for the faint of heart', which means it won't be simple. We will try to fit it to a MazdaSpeed some time in the next two weeks.

of course it's for the 1.8l motor.... i need or want a aftermarket intake manifold for my 1.6 build.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
=P~ must....stop....from....seizuring.....

:shock: I want it

1 - 20 of 41 Posts