ClubRoadster.net banner

6ft+ Drivers

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  LittleCarBigFun 
#1 ·
Have always loved Miatas, and just started thinking of owning one, specifically the NA and have not had a chance to sit in, or test drive one.

My problem is, I’m 6’3” and not sure I can fit. I’m pretty even body wise, not super long legs, or super long torso. A little broad shouldered, but I know it may be snug that way, but with a manual, it’s not as big of a deal.

My big concern is the height, are there other drivers that are my height, and did you have to do anything to the seats or anything else in order to fit in your car with the top up or a hard top on?
Thank you in advance for any and all help!

#2 ·
Hey B.A. I am 6'2+ and average build and weigh 220 and I am 60 year old male and I drive a 92. It's not the easiest thing to get in and out of mainly because it's so low. I have no problem once in as long as I don't drive too far. Most of my drives are 30 min or less. Getting your wallet out can be a challenge and usually requires the seat belt removed and a levitating maneuver.LOL But all in all there worth that and more if you get a good one. The hardtop has the same amount of clearance as the soft top. A hard top is a nice addition anytime you don't have the top down. I find the soft top seems to add fatigue to higher speed drives and just gets on my nerves because of the added noise of it buffeting. You can hardly hear your self think in them unless your just poking around.

#5 ·
I'm 6'1, 180 with a 32" inseam (half break). I wasn't comfortable until I installed an aftermarket steering wheel with 350mm diameter or smaller. Add a quick release (a good one, not NRG) and you'll be golden. The seat wasn't so much an issue for me, but you can certainly modify the stock seat (i.e. foamectomy) or install an aftermarket to make things that much better.

Long story short, you'll be fine with a couple slight modifications.

#6 ·
I'm 6'4 if i converted 194cm correctly. I removed the center console, it bothered me when shifting. On stock seats I touch the soft top but after installing sparco seats i had tons of room. I also changed the airbag wheel to a 350mm wheel with 2" spacer on the OEM Momo non-airbag hub which gave a much more relaxed driving position because the legs can be closer together.

Driving a stock miata is possible but not comfortable for longer time, mine with the mentioned modifications fits me like a glove. Have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.