ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought 6uls were very good... I guess I was wrong, thank god I went with cheap reps than this.

Apparently this happened at one of our tracks, don't know the full store yet but will find out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... My cheap MSR reps that i've owned for 4 years never broke... and I've tracked with those heavy bastards. :fp: (Not on the miata my other DD)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
That looks like side impact damage to me. It's pretty silly to write off a wheel model based on a single pic with no background info.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Any light weight wheel is able to break. Volks, SSR, RPF1, 6uls, Keizer, wedsport, etc. You can find any of those wheels broken all over the Internet.

You must be new to this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its funny... This isnt the first time seeing a pic of a broken 6ul.
It takes a lot for a rim to break... from the look of this pic it didnt take a lot to break consider everything else looks untouched. Still waiting on info

Now i am forsure getting RPFs.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
The only thing funny is you trying to tell us to dismiss an already track proven wheel by showing a picture you know nothing about. Even if it did break just hitting a rumble strip, it could have had prior abuse. The wheels are incredibly light and they are not forged. You get what you pay for, but as it stands they are the best deal going for us.

Alright guys, everyone switch to msr wheels. Mazduh said so.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Now i am forsure getting RPFs.
I lol'd. Like really hard. I've seen more guys damage RPF1s driving on the local streets than 6ULs on the track being heavily abused. Any wheel will break if you drive hard enough. **** if anything if you break a wheel at the track you should be proud of yourself because most likely you were pushing it hard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ddefinitly side impact. If u look at the edge of the breaks, the rim was pushed in towards the car. Any wheels just don't break... The dude clearly crashed... When u crash, **** breaks. Just one of those things.

Would you expect a car to be blown up and still be able to roll it down the street? No.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts