ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,476 Posts
I had one without the rainbow tip but otherwise identical. I had to bore out the holes for the exhaust bolts because the flange was off a degree or two when it was welded, but it still sealed up with a gasket.

I really liked the sound of it, and it was quite a bit lighter than oem. I think I paid 95 or so when I bought mine and I would do it again for the price.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think I'm trading my roadster sport 3 exhaust for a top so this might make a good replacement.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is just a bolt on setup with no welding, right?
Bolt on muffler. Vendor e-mail stating "search on E-Bay RS type exhaust". Could not find any on a 99 Miata (stock). Anyone know how much louder it is than stock?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have that ebay muffler without the burnt tip on my '99.
Check out my build thread for videos, you can hear it in action.
Could not find you build thread. Main concern I have is how much louder is this muffler than OEM(if at all)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got one. It's holding up well after 6 months. Fitment was a little iffy, my shop told me they had to bend the hangers quite a bit but the giant tip still contacts ad melts my bumper. Would highly recommend cutting it off.

Sounds great though on an otherwise stock nb. Great value

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Follow up. Axel-back received today.After removing the OEM muffler holes(as mentioned above) have to be bored out, tip might have to be changed, hanging brackets adjusted.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
^ Any pictures?

I guess thats what you get for a $80 exhaust.
You are absolutely right.
Sorry no photos. All stainless, welds look fine. Flange had to be cut off and re welded to match mid-pipe. Mid -pipe had to be heated and bent a bit to match up to the muffler flange. Chopped off the muffler tip (big ass 4 inch tip) and welded "normal" tip. Sounds a bit louder than stock, should get louder once broken in. note: dropped vendor (e-bay) a note stating what happened. They responded quickly requesting info to make sure correct item shipped and said I could return it for replacement or refund. Quick photo installed

www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9808899215

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just installed it today. Tip def sits on the bumper and after 5 min drive is melting a bit. Going to clearance the bumper a tad. The fitment was tweeked and took some good tugs and a final wack with sledge to get the flange over the bolts.

Besides the 80$ fitment issues I have to say I LOVE the sound so far(might change with use). Very british roadster feeling. Quiet with nice "note" in the daily rpm ranges. Found myself downshifting and rolling into throttle more.

A+ Would buy again as a budget setup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread

But I just purchased this axle back the fit is not spot on

Anyone have more details on how You got it to fit

I did a test fit without the hangers

I'm going to try again today with the hangers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts