ClubRoadster.net banner

Where do you live? If you vote, you're saying you're interested in joining a new club! :)

• San Luis Obispo/Avila/Arroyo Grande

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Santa Barbara/Goleta/IV/Carp

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Santa Maria/Lompoc

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Ventura/Oxnard/Camarillo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • TO/Simi

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Further away but I'm willing to travel

Votes: 6 21.4%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time we start an 805 coast Miata club. I think we should have meets at all the larger cities to spread the love and "travel costs/time." If you are interested, vote on where you are located so we know what town is the heavy.

At this time, this would NOT be a Moss sponsored thing. I'm just missing my old college car club (most guys moved away after graduation) and I want to get something new started. Perhaps there would be some Moss involvement but at this time this is me acting ROGUE, lol.

I'm thinking we go for meeting monthly and we try to hit all cities occupied by members. We could do tech at people's houses (I'm volunteering my place already), do a drive, go to an autocross together, movie night or just dinner, whatever!

Let's do this!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Im in the sfv but would be willing to do simi/to.....as long as its not a hellaflush jdm yo type of meet.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOLZ gtz...

kornerz: I wasn't thinking the group would focus on any one aspect of Miata-ness. I think it would be more fun to get all Miata peeps together and see what we're all doing with them. And I really don't want any "street racing" crap to go along with this. Just sane Miata fans getting together having fun.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes!!! finally!!!! im so about it! one of my buddies is also working on getting a miata too so theres one more ones he sells his mk4 jetta :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
You guys should show up to Santa Barbara Cars and Coffee this weekend! I'll be there in my white NA

·
Registered
45 Posts
You guys should show up to Santa Barbara Cars and Coffee this weekend! I'll be there in my white NA
Best SBCC to attend as a group is the last Sunday of every month at the Montecito Upper Village Post Office parking lot. It goes from 8am-10am and there is plenty of parking. The weekly SBCC gathering on Coast Village Road is great, but parking fills up fast.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is great info to have. I've signed up for their Facebook page but they never seem to advertise BEFORE the event, only sharing pics after. I've cruised to CV Rd a handful of times to only see a couple of cars and definitely no people socializing. It was very confusing to finally realize they were meeting "somewhere else" but never knowing when or where.

The last Sunday this month is the 29th. Should we organize to meet up there? My Miata is hardly C&C worthy but at least if we rally to meet together somewhere around the C&C group, at least that's a first step to meeting everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chris- The 29th seems like a great idea to me. No one is judgmental about other people's cars at all, I've gone there in everything from a motorcycle to my old Volvo.

Who else is in? M5guy and I will both make sure we drive our Miatas that Sunday.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome! Should I start a new thread?
Hi Chris, I would say keep this thread alive and just keep updating it. I answered your question/post on the Santa Barbara Cars and Coffee (SBCC) Facebook page (I am one of the admins) so we know that there will be a few Miatas coming on Sunday 12/29.

We have more details on upcoming events posted on our website, http://www.sbcarscoffee.com

1 - 20 of 43 Posts