ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know not JDM but UKDM can sometimes be as good.

There in the UK but either of these would be fun to have on this side of the pond.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/supercarclassics/stock_list.htm

ads are on the bottom of the page with links to pics.

Didn't know where else to put this so moderators please put it where ever or delete it out, felt it was too good not to post!

·
Registered
129 Posts
that is pretty sweet... i like how the le mans car is turbo but looks like the motor came from the factory like that

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
There's a few for sale right now. When you see them up close, you can see the original red paintwork in places: Mazda Cars Limited (the official importer, not the factory) repainted a batch of red cars. 2 were repainted in black, 1 allegedly in a non-mazda blue, and another had a lot of the green bits painted orange. They sold slowly. I think they have dated quite badly.

Le Mans being painted:

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
I'm not a fan tbh. It's more of a dealer special modded by panto-baddies MCL. They were also responsible for such greats as grey leather and rubbish seats.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I'm not a fan tbh. It's more of a dealer special modded by panto-baddies MCL. They were also responsible for such greats as grey leather and rubbish seats.
Rubbish seats came courtesy of Mazda Japan. The same seats were fitted to some US and Japan special editions, and weren't confined to the UK.

The Le Mans is a bit more than a dealer special; most of them were sequential VINs, and probably MCL lost a huge amount on each car; I think Clive Southern's car was only £2k more than a basic car, yet had a ton of extras, including a £3000 turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts