ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at this car for sale for a while now. heres the specs and some pictures.

1991 Mazda Miata, Red, 170,xxx 1.6ltr 5speed, Hardtop,

PICS: http://members5.clubphoto.com/ryan1019314/4398729/guest.phtml

MODS:

Finalspeed Wheels, Toyo proxes4 tires
TEIN Stech springs
ACT lightend flywheel and clutch
Apexi intake
NRG fuel presure regulator
Magnacore sparkplugs
Akebonno ceramic brakepads
MOMO hub NRG quickreleas NRG steeringwheel
GREDDY [email protected]
Apexi turbo timer
Carbon fiber insert in the guage cluster.

Oil changed every 2,500 miles, with castrol full synthetic and K&N filter.

I just added a GReddy oil catchcan, BuddyClub exhaust.

I also have:
Stock 1.6 intake manifold
Tannabe strut bar (red)
OEM wheels (black)
FC3S MAFS
EXEDY oem clutch & resufaced flywheel

Price is 4500$

What do you guys think? is it a good price or should i try and bargain?

·
2,708 Posts
I'm almost positive i've seen that car before in this forum.

$4500 sounds ok, especially with the hardtop. I'd be weary of the turbo though, just about every turbo-owner I know has some sort of problem(s) with the set-up. Ask a LOT of questions.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
170k is somewhat high. If the compression/leakdown is OK, then it would be alright. Also- is it the short nose crank or long-nose crank? If it is short-nose you can use it as a bargaining chip to lower the price.

The Greddy turbo is not the greatest, but it is CARB approved for what it's worth...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm almost positive i've seen that car before in this forum.

$4500 sounds ok, especially with the hardtop. I'd be weary of the turbo though, just about every turbo-owner I know has some sort of problem(s) with the set-up. Ask a LOT of questions.
I think I've seen it too.. I remember that exhaust and the option sticker above it. 4500 isn't bad, but you can't take their word on how it was taken care of. Check the turbo for shaft play, do a compression test, etc.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Granted, the mileage is on the high side, but the car itself looks to be in good shape, the Greddy install looks relatively clean.

Hell, the hardtop and seats alone are probably worth close to 1000 bucks each.

·
Registered
100 Posts
that is a good install. The advice I offer everyone who's looking at a car, take it to a make specific mechanic. Not your friend's cousin steve, who's neighbor owned one once, take it to a mazda dealer, and let them look it over. If you're serious about buying it, the possible $100 this cost should mean nothing, considering it could bar you from paying $2k plus in repairs.

Or, if you're up for a challenge, buy it anyways, it could be a fun project for you. And what better project base is there besides an already turboed miata?

cough front mount cough 10lbs boost cough

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I talked with the owner of this car. He's a cool guy and car seems to be in good condition.

Just my 2 cents. Probably a good buy. And ofcourse with every car you buy expect intial maintence to be high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts