ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys im considering selling the miata to help pay for an rx7, s2000 or simply trade for an NB (NB is last choice, if i did id hit up Aaron from classifieds and who ever else is interested that has an NB) Some one backed into the car putting a couple dents where the driver fender and bumper (pictures of this will also be posted) pictures are current minus the AAC fixed headlights on the engine bay pic. (if you guys recall, i sold those) car is a little dirty in the pics aswell. ALL PICS ARE POST ACCIDENT

Year- 1991
Engine- 1.6
Mileage- 116k original miles on chassis AND motor
Tittle- salvage (salvage no, frame damage pictures of damage)
Location- Riverside/Corona, California

Exterior/Interior:
-mint condition top
-racing beat 2 front bumper (bit of damage)
-VIS carbon fiber trunk
-TSI's
-Momo steering wheel
-Carbon fiber center console
-Corbeau Seats (bit worn)

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
-Koni Yellow/Eibach Springs
-Willwood Brake kit
-Drilled Slotted Rotors
-Hurly Ultra light 15X6.5 (10.8lbs each)
-Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Engine Management/Build/Tune:
-Greddy Emanage Blue
-Begi Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Garret t2871
-Begi Log Manifold
-2.5 Downpipe
-2.5 Custom Exhaust (Magnaflow Muffler)
-Recirculator BOV
-Front Mount Intercooler (dont remember who made it but its a very clean setup)
-Walbro Fuel Pump
-Heat Shield
-Steel Lines
-Glowshift boost gauge
-Glowshift AFR gauge (WIDEBAND)
-Glowshift Exit Temp gauge
-Glow Shift Fuel pressure (also have a fuel pressure gauge in the engine bay :)
-Secondary AFR wideband by passenger seat
-1.8 Diff
-Stage 3 clutch

I may be forgetting some things... This car is stupid fast! made 181rwhp @ 10psi and 240rwhp @16psi on a Mustang Dyno (16psi is the current setup)

How much do you guys think i can get for it?

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

current pic of damage and cause of salvage tittle. bumper came off so i had to make custom brackets that work great
[/IMG]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Although its a salvage title, the mileage is very low and you have a turbo,No offense $4500 for quick sale as long as the salvage title was due to that minor fender damage.With right timing someone might even buy that for 5k.

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
Although its a salvage title, the mileage is very low and you have a turbo,No offense $4500 for quick sale as long as the salvage title was due to that minor fender damage.With right timing someone might even buy that for 5k.
I'm sorry, but since when is 116k very low mileage? Since it's salvaged, even though it's boosted, I don't see you getting anywhere over $4,000 for it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm sorry, but since when is 116k very low mileage? Since it's salvaged, even though it's boosted, I don't see you getting anywhere over $4,000 for it.
Although it's salvaged, its just a fender bender with no structure damage. 116k is considerably low for an old car. Plus if you add the parts that he invested, its well over 4k. I have seen straight crazy people sell miatas here in Norcal for so much more with rattle canned paint and salvaged titles.There is a guy here thinking of selling a clean 93 le with almost 200k on the motor for 4500, now that's crazy.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's the salvage title that's killing it. I agree that the $5000 range seems about right. If it were mine, I'd seriously think about parting it out on miata turbo.net, you'll get good money for those components, and probably get $3000 for the car back to stock.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's the salvage title that's killing it. I agree that the $5000 range seems about right. If it were mine, I'd seriously think about parting it out on miata turbo.net, you'll get good money for those components, and probably get $3000 for the car back to stock.
I agree, the parts are definitely worth something. I did the same thing with my 91 mr2 got the parts out and sold the car stock. Got my money back quick.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree with the quick sale. i thought that with all the parts i have i could get 5k-6k tho... not that a car is ever an investment.

this is flat out crackhead price. if this was your car and you couldnt even sell it for 4k, either you dont kno how to add or straight up stupid. youre turboed, you should know this isnt your typical ebay/budget setup. **** also all the othe parts, they werent cheap. i understand a car is never an investment so i didnt inveat in these parts but, 4k hell, ive seen POS miatas on here and craigslist with ripped tops sell for a little less than that. we have some on here with less than half the mods non turbo that are worth more in your opinion. lol but i respect your imput. and if 4k tops is all you think my car is worth thanks for your input.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i agree with the quick sale. i thought that with all the parts i have i could get 5k-6k tho... not that a car is ever an investment.
For me its an investment because I'm planning to keep my miata for a very long time. I usually buy cars and sell them after 2-3 years being bored. Most of the car I modify I end up parting out or just giving it to family because you never get back what you put in it. Id rather keep the car than get low-balled ultra.With a part out I guarantee that you will get your money back, but it might take some time. It took me a month after selling my car to recoup everything I put on my car. Good luck bro.

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
this is flat out crackhead price. if this was your car and you couldnt even sell it for 4k, either you dont kno how to add or straight up stupid. youre turboed, you should know this isnt your typical ebay/budget setup. **** also all the othe parts, they werent cheap. i understand a car is never an investment so i didnt inveat in these parts but, 4k hell, ive seen POS miatas on here and craigslist with ripped tops sell for a little less than that. we have some on here with less than half the mods non turbo that are worth more in your opinion. lol but i respect your imput. and if 4k tops is all you think my car is worth thanks for your input.
I bought my car 2 years ago for $4,000, turbo'd with a clear title. I can add (and spell too), and I'd like to think I'm not stupid. A salvage title can really hurt the price of a car but either way, you'd be able to get decent money parting it out. Modifications rarely add to the price of a car when it comes time to sell. You've got some nice parts on there and even though there is some damage, good luck with your sale. If I'm wrong and you do get more than that for the car, more power to you. Maybe the market is different in your area.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought my car 2 years ago for $4,000, turbo'd with a clear title. I can add (and spell too), and I'd like to think I'm not stupid. A salvage title can really hurt the price of a car but either way, you'd be able to get decent money parting it out. Modifications rarely add to the price of a car when it comes time to sell. You've got some nice parts on there and even tho there if some damage, good luck with your sale. If I'm wrong and you do get more than that for the car, more power to you. Maybe the market is different in your area.[/
QUOTE]

wooooops, your not in socal... i caaan speeelllll toooo. and sometimes punctuate. m on a phone n dont really care. sounds like you got a deal on your car. you could pick up a clean tittle miata with a turbo in cali on a cold day in hell.

For me its an investment because I'm planning to keep my miata for a very long time. I usually buy cars and sell them after 2-3 years being bored. Most of the car I modify I end up parting out or just giving it to family because you never get back what you put in it. Id rather keep the car than get low-balled ultra.With a part out I guarantee that you will get your money back, but it might take some time. It took me a month after selling my car to recoup everything I put on my car. Good luck bro.
yeah, prting out is out of the question. its a pain in the ass. if i cant ger 5k ill keep it or like you said, give it to my brother.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Give it about a month and post it on Craigslist or ebay with really good pictures all around. I never had any success selling cars on the forum, there are just too many low-ballers. What they will do is buy it for cheap and turn around to sell it for more. I know its a loss when selling a car,however, with good detailed pictures, I am confident that you can get your 5k back in time.You have a far better chance in selling your car than some crazy people here trying to sell a miata that's been rattle canned. You have some expensive parts and people will see that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Give it about a month and post it on Craigslist or ebay with really good pictures all around. I never had any success selling cars on the forum, there are just too many low-ballers. What they will do is buy it for cheap and turn around to sell it for more. I know its a loss when selling a car,however, with good detailed pictures, I am confident that you can get your 5k back in time.You have a far better chance in selling your car than some crazy people here trying to sell a miata that's been rattle canned. You have some expensive parts and people will see that.
yeah that's the plan. i want to at least get 5k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts