ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I recently purchased a 1993 Miata with a m45 supercharger kit installed, the kit has roughly 40k on it.
I know little of the car and what is installed so to help I'll name what I know.

-Larger fuel pump
-Header and catback
-Short throw shifter
-jrsc M45 supercharger kit
-Rising rate fpr
-Jr timing retard box
-Hydraulic dogbone mount.

When I bought the car it was driven 400 or so miles before sitting for a week and half, At that time the car drove well and had a minor issue of getting the car into gear occasionally but wasn't bad, the reverse was near impossible to get out of without hitting it out with your palm.

The problem im concerned with is when pressing the clutch down for an extended period ( maybe 20 seconds or so ) it wil slowly start to die, the longer the clutch is held in the harder it is to get out of first and just about every time is near impossible to leave first without it abruptly dying. After the car dies and I let it sit for about 30 seconds I'm able to start it right up as if nothing happened.
Today about 4 days later i tried taking it around the block and it was everything explained but with lots of clutch smoke, I turned it off immediately and pushed it back inside.
I was obviously considering it just being the clutch or maybe something regarding how the car was tuned but it didn't make sense considering the car drove well prior.
Any info or help on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Check clutch fluid reservoir. Is it full?

If not, check slave cylinder boot for wetness? Is it wet? Replace slave cylinder. If not, take a look at your master. It could very well be leaking onto your header and causing the smoke as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, no leaks no wetness. As far as where smoke is coming from its definitely from the trans

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I've come up with nothing, it has an appointment the 16th to get anything it may need done at a local performance shop. Thanks all again for the replys, I will update the thread when The issues been taken care of

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No system was no bled, although the color of the fluid in the reservoir is a brown thick color which I'm assuming is no good haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all car is still in the shop but it was what most of you said the clutch master cylinder, The smoking was from a seized rear caliper. other than that just bunch of small things that need to be fixed.
Spark plugs
Wires
Fpr was installed wrong
Needs new shift lever
Differential has crack on the brace
Motor passed leak down / compression test with flying colors
Master cylinder
Rear caliper
Belts
Pulleys
Motor mounts .
Overall around 1500 worth of work which is what we were expecting.
I'll post up anything more I find with the clutch issue if it continues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts