ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the conclusion that my Miata is never again going to roll on it's OEM alloys. They have no tires on them and they are just sitting in the garage, living under the ridiculous notion that someday they will have race rubber mounted on them. But realistically, I'm going to be an old man before that happens (no funny comments, Bill! :lol: )

I have no clue what these things are worth, though. They are in good shape. Not "show quality" but they are in the round and only have some typical "parallel parking boo boo" scratches along the edge of the rim. All the spokes are perfect, and I know mine are the hollow-spoke version.

Suggestions? So far all I have is a ballpark price from a used parts vendor of $100 - $125 per wheel.

Thanks!

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
If you can get that much that would be a good deal and Id do it, I think that they would prolly go anywhere from 150-250 for the set

·
3,857 Posts
The hollow spoken are pretty rare and you can get $250 for them, but you have to list them on eBay...locally I'm not sure if you can find someone to appreciate the wheels...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The people with the most (only?) interest in these wheels would be stock class autocrossers. I guess demand would vary by region and by season. I'm not bang up to date on pricing for these wheels but I would guess private party sale in average used condition might be in the $200-$325 range for the set. For more details on the hollow spoke wheels and how to tell them apart from the solid spoke and semi- hollow spoke wheels check this out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good thing you asked... cuz I've been trying to sell my 7 spoke CHROME for a while and not bites.

I sold my GT3 and slapped back in my stock 7 spoke chrome. Some reason it looks pretty good on my car. I might just keep it and buy some new tires for it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Only 94-97 Miatas in E-stock autocrossing will be interested in this and if they are really serious, they'll find a set of 14" stock BBS wheels. So your buyer base that would pay good money for these wheels is pretty small.

When I was in E-stock I was able to find a set of hollow spokes for under $150 (got lucky at a salvage yard). The semi-hollow spokes usually go for $100-$150 and I would expect to get around $200 for the full hollow. Just have to find the right buyer.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just as a reference: I just bought a set of hollow spoked 94-97 14x6 wheels and got them for $165 shipped. Two months ago I bought a set of standard 94-97 14" wheels for $200 shipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts