ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is kind of bittersweet...Yesterday morning I walked out to my car to see that someone had stolen the hardtop on my NA. Bummer, I had been working on this short film and have to admit it kind of took the wind out my sails. So I decided to wrap up the project early and share the film I had been working on. Hope you guys enjoy it.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
congrats on the finish. Sorry to hear bout your hardtop.

·
THREE!
464 Posts
That sucks. Seems like SF and SJ have really become hotspots for hardtop theft.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I really like the fitment with your flares. I have some 15x9 wheels +0 offset that I want to fit like yours, what did you do for spacers and tires?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think I've seen you a couple of times driving in SF. Sorry about the HT.. Mine was also taken about 2 months ago

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Classy stuff! Sucks about the hardtop.
^

this guy seems rather suspicious AND it says he's a ninja in his sig. Jussayin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback and support all.

I really like the fitment with your flares. I have some 15x9 wheels +0 offset that I want to fit like yours, what did you do for spacers and tires?
So I'm running 15x9 rotas, -10 offset, no spacers. Staggered setup, 205/50 F, 225/50 R

I think I've seen you a couple of times driving in SF. Sorry about the HT.. Mine was also taken about 2 months ago
Very likely, it's my DD and I am everywhere in this car! Feel free to say hello. Sorry about your HT too...

Nice NA... But those stealers should put to death. I'll look for it when it's up for sale. Lol
Yeah I'm sure it will be. We may get into a bidding war over it. lol All kidding aside, I'm curious to see how my insurance co. will deal with this sorta thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's a clean Miata Charles; sorry about the hard top.

The worst part about owning a hard top is... owning a hard top. Everytime I park my car I'm afraid someone is going to steal mine. Just wanted to ask; how did they manage to steal it? I noticed you had brackets on it and I thought that added a bit of safety.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you so much for the info. great job on the video and your car looks amazing
NP! Thanks, much appreciated.

That's a clean Miata Charles; sorry about the hard top.

The worst part about owning a hard top is... owning a hard top. Everytime I park my car I'm afraid someone is going to steal mine. Just wanted to ask; how did they manage to steal it? I noticed you had brackets on it and I thought that added a bit of safety.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks Shy, that is the truth about the HT. My car was parked on the street on a cul de sac. The following morning I saw the HT was gone, I walked up to the car and noticed that the driver side door was ajar - I gather this was the point of entrance. Both windows were rolled 3/4 of the way down. I did have brackets but could have probably benefited from having a security bolt kit - though I don't know how much of a difference it would have really made. I didn't get the impression this was a first-time attempt. Nothing else was taken, they were clearly dead set on the HT.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had a security bolt, still took it. You need other types of bolts now or run oem latches with toplocs or the new retromodern locks

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had a security bolt, still took it. You need other types of bolts now or run oem latches with toplocs or the new retromodern locks
i saw those retromodern one too, but i'm not sure if i want to be the first to test it against those thieves lol....losing a 2nd hardtop might take me out of the miata life

·
Registered
10 Posts
i saw those retromodern one too, but i'm not sure if i want to be the first to test it against those thieves lol....losing a 2nd hardtop might take me out of the miata life
I know the feeling had my car stolen last week in san jose. Car was recovered a few days ago but the hardtop was gone. Awesome video regardless of the shitty outcome. I'd hate to get another hardtop only to have it stolen again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts