ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: 949Racing coilovers

For those of you that don't visit that other roadster site, a few updates:

I've decided to go with an inverted configuration. So the damper wil be on the top with the spring below. Because of this the dampers won't be compatible with the EDFC cockpit controller. The other thing it means is the system will be a bunch lighter.

Being inverted means the remote reservoir will now be on a hose on the top so under the hood and in the trunk.

I have to do a little more research but they might have more rear shock stroke than the lower level Flex system.

The softest damping rates will be pretty much the same as the softest level on the Flex. The stiffest settings will be about 2X more that the stiffest Flex setting. That means with custom softer rates someone could theoretically build a pretty comfortable street system that would still be capable of top level race track performance.

The lower mount will also be spherical bearing like the upper mount.

So the system is evolving a step or two beyond even Tein's top of the line Super Racing system. Basically the same features and configuration as a custom built set of Penske's or AD's, at about 40% less, more adjustablity and with a warranty.

Still haven't named them but I like XiDA

·
3,542 Posts
I like the orange ;)

Here's a disclaimer:
Just so everyone is clear, they won't look anything like Greg's cool orange 'chop since the production damper will be inverted with upper/lower pillowballs and remotes on hoses instead of stanchions--Emilio

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The stanchion come out the bottom of the damper and rotates freely. You turn the damper body, the stanchion stays in place.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Haven't been on this thread in a long time but wanted to let everyone know that the XIDA are just about ready to release. Full details on the website.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Great, now all i have to do is sell my miata to afford them. Jk, they look even better than expected and i would definitely get these if i had the money.
Now where are the drop spindles!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Emilio,
I see the Single Adjustable XIDA-S are available now for order. Any additional information on these? Any reviews from testing? Looks like yet another excellent product from your company. Thanks in advance for any additional information.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Emilio,
I see the Single Adjustable XIDA-S are available now for order. Any additional information on these? Any reviews from testing? Looks like yet another excellent product from your company. Thanks in advance for any additional information.
We should have the first production run in 4-6 weeks. Testing was completed a while back. The prototypes have won a few autocrosses and performed on target. Note that they are valved for race spring rates. The XIDA line is intended for competition use.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Now I know what to get if I win the lottery :)

They look awesome.
Maybe now AST will finally make som coilovers for the NB under their own name in Europe aswell.

(They have for the Mx-3....)

-n

·
Registered
38 Posts
Emilio, was checking out the Vorshlag website and comparing some of the prices / features with their products and was wondering if your XIDA-S model comes with rear remote reservoir and if they are even necessary? Also, wondering about helper spring necessity and if they are as well part of the package? Very excited about this product but nobody seems to know the answers to these questions. Any update on availability? Thanks in advance.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dyno plots for our Xida (double adjustable) and Xida-S (single adjustable)
Pricing and full details on our website

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
A few tidbits:
The rear Xida-S bare damper weighs 1.95 lbs
Xida-S can be later converted to double adjustable
Can be ordered without dual springs
Torrington thrust bearings are standard

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
You've put together some really nice components there, Emilio! I'd love to have something like this on my R-pkg. I think they'd be total overkill for my inexperienced ass, though. (but feel free to convince me otherwise :D)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts