ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i searched, searched, and searched somemore. but failed to find what i was looking for. I recently completed the swap and tried to wire the reverse and neutral switch on the manual transmission to the auto wire harness. Based on the crappy info i found. Well i guess i did something wrong.
the car runs and drives great but reverse lights do not work and i have a high idle issue. it sits around 2k and eventually falls but once i rev it the idle goes right back up and sits ther for a few seconds. ive messed with the idle adjustment screw which didnt help, could swaping to a manual ecu help? i would appreciate any input!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
check for vac leaks. if you are adjusting the screw and nothing happens, u may have a leak.
green wire and black wire from car auto car harness> to reverse sensor. also check to see if the fuse is blown if it fails to come on...flip polarity/change fuse and it should work.

·
Always Useful Sometimes.
1,158 Posts
Not sure the 1.8 has it but...

Did you cap the vacuum port at the back of the intake manifold? On Auto 1.6's it's there for the transmission but not used on manual cars. That port is a HUGE vacuum leak.

The reverse lights are like aAron said, check the fuse and polarity. It's possible the switch itself got damaged too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts