ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought a 95m, when i drive it for about 15 minutes on the street, the brakes feel like they stick every time I take off from a dead stop. Yesterday I was about to take off from a parking lot and I couldnt back up brakes were locked. I was basically doing a burnout so waited 10 minutes and I was able to drive for another mile when I felt the car hesitate to keep running forward do to brakes sticking or locking. Has anyone had a similar problem? any ideas or advice would help

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
front or rear brakes? any idea?
maybe the big ol "set screw" in the rear was tightened too much...
wait...
you did a burnout, i take it then the front is an issue in which case - idk
good luck

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you are talking about the caliper pistons right?.... sometimes the brake pedal feels really hard specially when i couldnt get out that parking lot

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
I've had issues with my rears locking even after lubing the slider pins. It's probably time for new hardware. The only way I can avoid it is by not setting the parking brake. If they stick I have to back the rear piston out and reset it with the hex key.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
front or rear brakes? any idea?
maybe the big ol "set screw" in the rear was tightened too much...
wait...
you did a burnout, i take it then the front is an issue in which case - idk
good luck

well I think is a front brake problem too... and thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had issues with my rears locking even after lubing the slider pins. It's probably time for new hardware. The only way I can avoid it is by not setting the parking brake. If they stick I have to back the rear piston out and reset it with the hex key.
in my case it seems like the fronts are the issue, but ill keep doing more research.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts