ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, got a few noob questions. I have a 97 Mazda Miata that dropped a thrust bearing. After removing the main caps we realized that the motor wasn't worth salvaging as the crank had machined the caps and the block and had about an inch of play front to back. Is the 99 1.8L a direct swap into a NA8? Also, would this swap require a new wiring harness and ecu? Thanks in advance

·
··
4,227 Posts
Surprised this hasn't been replied to yet. :? I don't have your answer but contact member "sideshow"; he runs PlanetMiata and he could tell you quickly I would think.
Search his name and find a post of his, in his signature you'll see the phone number, I think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprised this hasn't been replied to yet. :? I don't have your answer but contact member "sideshow"; he runs PlanetMiata and he could tell you quickly I would think.
Search his name and find a post of his, in his signature you'll see the phone number, I think.
Thank you for your help. I'll give it a shot!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 99 motor is a direct swap into the 97. Thanks, Steve was able to help. Only modification is wiring up solenoids for variable intake cam above 4,600rpm

·
Registered
883 Posts
or just re-drill your 97 intake manifold to fit on the 99 head. My car had that done when i bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts