ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide if I want to part this car out or sell it whole.

Exterior:
'01 front end conversion
Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs
OEM hard top
17”x7” +42 Konig Holes (2 curbed, but also includes 1 brand new spare) w/ Yokohama Parada Spec 2 205/40ZR17
'01 tail lights
Garage 502 mirrors
Nielex front and rear tow hooks
Beatrush front license plate frame
slight hood tilt

Brakes:
Hawk HP+ pads
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
DOT 4 fluid

Transmission:
Royal Purple 75w120 & diff additive in rear diff
stainless steel braided clutch line
DOT 4 clutch fluid

Interior:
Mazdaspeed steering wheel (D-cut or limited edition, I'm keeping one)
NRG hub adapter
Maruha shift knob

Motor/engine bay:

Ported & polished intake manifold main runners

ARC intake chamber
HKS SMF reloaded filter (red)
Magnecor KV85 race spark plug wires
NGK ZFR5F-11 spark plugs
Gates racing timing & accessory belts
Royal Purple 10w30 & filter
removed charcoal canister & other plastic bits, still have them

Garage Vary carbon fiber radiator cooling panel

Suspension:
Ohlins coil-over dampers (race valved)
Swift coil-over springs (12kg/mm front, 8kg/mm rear)
Carbing front & rear strut tower bars
Eibach sways
Good-win-racing heim jointed end links
RB front sway brace
RB front sway brackets

Gates racing timing and accessory belts, Royal purple fluids in everything and Royal Purple oil filters, oil and filter changed every 3k mi despite the packaging claiming to be fine until 15k, save once during the trip from SC, to Ohio, to CT. The radiator hoses were replaced when I replaced the timing belt. It'll have a new Visteon OE replacement radiator in it. The upper ball joints, which require replacing the entire front upper control arm, have been replaced. Clay bared and waxed around the end of fall. That's off the top of my head. The car's currently not running, which I'm going to fix before selling, so that list is going to grow. Car's got about 117k on it. I've been keeping a log on it all since I bought the car at 77k mi. I've got a picture documentary on flickr. It's a southern car too. Went from inland FL, to inland GA, to SC with me, to CT just last year, hasn't seen salt yet, so no rust worth mentioning anywhere to speak of, just a little I had to wire brush off back by the fuel hoses in the trunk (not visible). The only thing I can think of that doesn't work is the CD player. It never bothered me, so I didn't replace it. It's rude to interrupt your car when it's talking to you anyway. I was building the car for STR autocross use. Just add a roll bar and some exhaust if you're willing to lose the awesome tone the car has stock.

The rest of the pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95neoner/sets/72157618991940360/

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's only worth 6-6.5k as is, I'm gonna have to... :cry:

Hate to get rid of these parts I took forever to track down too, but I guess that's part of the fun in building these cars. I love my old '76 Celica for that reason. It's rewarding to track down something you've spent months looking for and make your car that much more unique from everyone else's.

·
Registered
638 Posts
dibs on the 502 mirrors. :phillyb:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Coolant is overfull, that takes about 1000 out of the value...

But seriously: Looks pretty clean, might want to sell some the easily removeable upgrades if you still have the stock parts and wait for summer time to sell the whole car in a little more stock form. I bet if you sold some of the aftermarket stuff and sold the car a bit more stock in the summer you could make 7k out of the deal.

·
Registered
261 Posts
if you do part it out. let me know theres alot of parts im really interested in that are easy to take off.

·
Supporting Member
352 Posts
Haha, nice I have one of those plush toys in the first pic too. I've had numerous people try to buy it from me.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Your est bet is to return it to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff. Stock, it's worth about 5 and change. The parts might get you the rest of what you want.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Your est bet is to return it to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff. Stock, it's worth about 5 and change. The parts might get you the rest of what you want.

The price on nice NBs has really dropped the last few years. Good NBs are selling around $5000 stock, on the other hand, you can grab an easy $1500-1800 for the Ohlins,$250 for the front bar, and so forth. Hell of a nice car, but you are competing against MP62 supercharged 03's at $6500 on Ebay...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate the positive comments guys... I'm starting to have my second thoughts on getting rid of this thing for a 500 Abarth... it's still a bit too soon to call though. I'm definitely gonna test drive one first, and seems like there's not going to be one around at any of the dealerships here until after I get back from my deployment. Not a bad thing by any means. I should be able to damn near pay off a 500 Abarth with what I'll make while underwater and unable to spend anything, coupled with getting rid of this car when I get back if I do. I do enjoy the RWD aspect, and I have a rediculously built turbo Neon on the way to prove how much of a pita fwd is when you give it power... I dunno. Just too soon to call. Sucks that the value of this car has fallen on it's face recently too. I have always kind of fancied an NA to come back to though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts