ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a 1999 NB 5spd...I was installing a new center console and had the accessories on but decided to turn my car on while working so the battery wouldn't die. Well i notice a squeaking noise coming from the engine bay so I go and check it out and it sounded like it was coming from the alternator. I pushed on the throttle a bit and as the rpms climbed the noise went away I figure eh its a bad belt i can replace that tomorrow (tension in the belt was fine..could be idler pully tho) but i went back to work with the car running and it just died. It turns over but wont start. I can smell fuel when pulling out a spark plug..I touched the plug to the intake manifold while a friend tried starting it and no spark was seen. Is there any way to test the coil packs? I need this car to go to work tomorrow so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

p.s I should also add i just installed a new cd player wiht the crutchfield scosche kit!

After further investigation after testing my coil packs and them testing good i noticed the cps was loose and somehow the bolt came loose and fell out luckily it was sitting in the loom of wires below the CPS...whew

1 - 1 of 1 Posts