ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my car, with new wheels and tires. They are Bronze Konig Heliums, 15x6.5 (thanks to Good-Win-Racing.com) and Falken Azenis RT-615, 205 50R 15.

So far, I love the wheel and tire setup, not only for the looks, but the grip is amazing and my car still feels relatively light-footed when compared to my previous setup. The old wheels were 9 lbs a piece, and these are 11.5.

So here they are! All comments are appreciated. Enjoy!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
oooo seats with head rest.. Very impressive paint too. OEM?

What kind of wheels were you running before that were only 9lbs? :shock:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock wheels were 9 lbs a piece. 15" BBS wheels with a lip!

Bought the car and none of the paint was original :(

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
sweet ride, '95 Merlot was a good year! :mrgreen:

Someday when im rich and famous i would like to have one to pimp out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
very Nice miata !

Im loving the wheels and the color.

Also your one of the other miata owners brave enough to post on th s2k forum, im mx-5 driver on there :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! I really like those wheels with the Merlot mica paint. Shocked Only thing I'd change is add an oem front and rear deck lip spoiler.
Thanks!

By rear deck lip spoiler, do you mean the one that goes on the trunk?

I'm definitely getting the front lip and the rear bit that goes on the bottom of the bumper. Not so sure about the OEM wings though.

sweet ride, '95 Merlot was a good year!

Mazda agrees! :mrgreen:

I love my Bronze Heliums too. They are cheap to buy, light and look like the rims I want (Volk CE28n's). You car is about the color of my valve cover. Looks good man.
Thanks! I love the wheels too, and the look is perfect. Love the design.

Your valve cover looks like a perfect color match for my car! Want to trade? :wink:
I've been meaning to do the same thing though, cut the gear covers off and paint it. Where did you source that color paint, I'm very interested in using it for my own cover!

very Nice miata !

Im loving the wheels and the color.

Also your one of the other miata owners brave enough to post on th s2k forum, im mx-5 driver on there Smile
Haha, I don't think those guys like the Miata as much as I like their S2000's, but I sure do enjoy looking at their cars. :D

what kind of roll bars are those? 6point?
I suppose you would call it a 4 point, since it has four mounts which it mounts to the chassis or subframe. Its an Autopower bar and allows for perfect use of the seatbelts! Highly recommend this product.

Thanks guys for all the nice words! :)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Very nice Roadster.

Very nice photography!

Welcome to CR.net!

I like the bronze wheels too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks! I love the wheels too, and the look is perfect. Love the design.

Your valve cover looks like a perfect color match for my car! Want to trade? :wink:
I've been meaning to do the same thing though, cut the gear covers off and paint it. Where did you source that color paint, I'm very interested in using it for my own cover!
I painted it myself with duplicolor paint in about 2 hours on Saturday night. I woke up at 6 am to put it on before I went to work. That is actually a whole can of anodized red paint. I got the valve cover from M2-1028 and it definately need to be redone. There are some flaws in it but they aren't that bad in the pics. A few dust particles and stuff in the paint. You can't really see how glittery the paint really is though.

1. One light then one medium of Clear adhesion promoter.
2. About 7 light layers of Anodized Red paint.
3. Light specles of Silver and Anodized blue paint in between every other coat.
4. 3 medium to heavy coats of Anodized Red to smooth it out.
5. 2 light coats of Wheel Clear Coat. One heavy coat to top finish off.
6. Let sit for minimum of 7 hours.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thanks!

By rear deck lip spoiler, do you mean the one that goes on the trunk?

I'm definitely getting the front lip and the rear bit that goes on the bottom of the bumper. Not so sure about the OEM wings though.
Yes. I mean the rear lip spoiler on the trunk. Not the pedestal style. The lip.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts