ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have not been on here for a short while as I have been busy and trying to recoup financially from my diff busting nightmare.

Anyway, I finally got my ass in gear and taken advice given by peeps here and have got a K&N Induction kit to replace the ugly yellow Greddy Filter.

I am also happy to have received my new intercooler pipes from www.mx5mad.com.

They are much better than the kit I have now and go around the radiatpr rather than under.:bigtu:

Of course I cant be going to shows with no bling so I got them polshed:

As you can see the kit is of excellent quality and even has rolled ends so the silicone hoses can't slip off under boost also the pipes only require 4 couplers as they are two complete pieces. one from turbo to I/C an the other from IC to inlet manifold.

The actual intercooler that will be used is the same as the one in this pic below:

Although it does not look big it has a thicj core and will be more than up to job of providing sufficient cooling than the saab 900 that I have now.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
hey tab's how much did a set of those pipes run you ? and my greddy outlet is facing toward the driver side (RHD). can you just unbolt the turbo and turn it downward to have those pipes meet up ?

Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: A few NEW UPDATES - K&N and new IC now fitted! updated 25/02

Well its on and the difference between the Saab 900 IC adn this MX5MAD IC is HUGE, both in cooling and looks.

heres a little write up.

First the turbo was clocked:

The shiny new intercooler to compliment my polished pipes:

The IC in the mouth of the car:

And from underneath:

The new view from the engine bay:

My new car security:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts