1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Bring them all brother, i will put yer names on the list, a little birdy told me there will be some miata tuners with some possible raffle prizes, but nothing confirmed yet. :wink:

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Haha, we're almost twins :twisted:

I like the polished hood, it took me a sec to realize what you did and then Randy confirmed it. If you make it to the Lakeland meet, I'll be sure to stop and chat.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That is a Damned good polish job on the hood. I have seen other pics.. that didnt look as good, they looked more like brushed stainless or something. That is an awesome mirror finish!!!

-Jeremy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, since the black car has a bit of a oil leak, and the drive to the meet is a decent trip from here, I may just swap the hood onto the red car and drive it down.

Thanks for all the compliments. The black on the window surround is just black vinyl from the sign shop. I did not have the time to disassemble, mask and paint the surround. Besides, I ran out of paint while painting the top.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
WOW!!! A polished HOOD!! That's insane, but incredibly awesome!

How did you go about doing this?

I'd be freakin' out all the time worried about hand and finger prints!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
great. now i can't polish my hood.. i can't "copy" someone else...

i say to take it and get it clear-coated with a tint of black to it. make it look like black chrome.

I was thinking the same damn thing.
not the clearcoat part, the 'I can't do it now' part.

kevin

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ever wonder why the top of an airplane's nose, in front of the windshield, is painted flat black? Be sure to let us know when you've had your accident, because you were blinded by the sun reflecting off your hood.

While it looks great, you've created a definite safety issue.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Ever wonder why the top of an airplane's nose, in front of the windshield, is painted flat black? Be sure to let us know when you've had your accident, because you were blinded by the sun reflecting off your hood.

While it looks great, you've created a definite safety issue.
Ahh, but if he adds spacers to the rear of the hood, it'll prop it forward thus blinding oncoming traffic :mrgreen: I kid, I kid.

I'm sure he's thought it out thoroughly before hand =D>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts