ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Ever since I saw the JPS styled na and Chris lee's na a few years back I knew I wanted flares. To answer your question, no I do not regret it at all

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I tried contacting pennon racing for their wide body but didnt get any reply.

Does anyone know if they are still around?

I have come to thr realization that my car is going to need flares. And its an nb so I need some help haha

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
452 Posts
Im getting ready to install my ak v1s and im wondering exactly HOW rivnuts are being used for this. Are yall putting them through the flare and fender then tightening the rivnut? Or are you installing them in the sheet metal first then bolting the flare on using the rivnut's threads?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Gotta mock up the flares, drill the mounting holes and then install the rivnuts to the metal fenders. The flares then bolt to the rivnuts

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
i guess you could do that yourself by just cutting the fender shorter..its looks like the cheaper fender route is a zg flare or vw mk2 both about $60 I will post up whichever direction i end up going..

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I've got the same flares by Trap on my Eunos

Not many people seem to buy them from what I can tell. I love them personally I find it odd its not more popular.

It's probably a price issue. As long as autokonexion flares are the cheapest (albeit the ugliest) option not a lot of people will buy other flares.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Has anyone done the AK NA version 1 flares on an NB?
I like the more aggressive 40mm flare, and the flares they offer for the NB look much smaller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I saw these

I immediately thought ae86

Looks like they put the fronts on backwards and chopped the rears.
The rears remind me of the rocket bunny flares on the fr-s. Is there a particular reason why the flares stop? Is it because it meets the bumper?

81 - 100 of 111 Posts