ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have a ton of those stanced out, honda is god, FWD is more efficient than RWD kids down here. They really make the meets fun; especially when they tell you cool things like, "Y did jew turbo dat thing?! Haha, it's too small 4 da powah bro! Imma get my cousin's friend's neighbor's B20 hatch to come down here and show you how honda doez it! We gotta race from a 70 roll, though."

If I remember correctly, this was the same guy that told me I should have put a boost controller on my supercharger :fp:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I owned a 01 Civic EX as my first car. The only cool thing about it I guess was that it was quite roomy (4 door). Other than that, no thanks. But I do know what your talkin about. Got a kid that graduated with me that strictly only likes Honda's. Maybe people in the Honda game think they're at the top of the chain? Or are raising the bar and standards in the hardparking movement?:dunno:

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I blame it on the fact that most people love the feeling of "instant" gratification. Parts are so readily available for Hondas and it's so easy to make them fast as hell without spending a lot of money. At the same time their reputation for reliability added onto the huge aftermarket support just makes it too easy for the younger generation to get caught up in the hype.

Hell, I'd have a modded hatchback or coupe if they didn't hold their theft rate better than their resale value...

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I owned a 94 Honda Accord EX as my first car. Lightly modded it and then got rid of it to upgrade. It was a cool first car, but nothing worth bragging over or staying in the Honda scene. A lot of my friends have Honda too but they don't even really mod it other than stance and exhaust. I prefer owning a car that is actually fun to drive and makes me want to drive for the hell of it and research maps for winding roads.

I have yet to see a reason behind some of their thoughts of Honda is king. I agree that they can be made into badass drag cars, but most the kids that talk crap are just lil street tuners that havn't built their car for any purpose.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dang. My Civic Hatch was my first and most favorite car at the time. Being the one I developed shifting skills, "sporty driving", and all around freedom in, I suppose there is some emotional attachment there.

I thought the hatch was wonderful, but I knew it wasn't the best, or fastest car out there. I just loved it. And yes, because of that I was really into pretty much everything Honda at the time. The thought of considering anything like a Mazda never even really crossed my mind, and I wasn't even interested in rear wheel drive. It was just something I needed my eyes opened up to through experience.

All my friends as well were Honda/Acura heads, but we've all sort of just "grown up" from thinking they were super awesome.

Still love the old 92-95 hatches, and plan to have one again for a grocery getter when I can afford to protect one though.

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts
I was a Honda kid... for less then a month and then realized that most of the kids in the scene are stuck-up turds. All I did was foglights before I got sick of the scene. I still go on ClubCivic. There are quite a good people on their but their all mid 20s.

Now I just daily my civic(it's my first and only car at the moment) while I save for my Miata

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I will say though, Dazed. I'm willing to bet atleast 75% of the people that own and brag about their Honda didn't build it. They might have thrown on a new set of wheels or an exhaust, but other than that, not ****. That's how it is over here. They brag and brag, but at the end of the day they aren't putting any of their money nor time into it. They'll BUY the car already modded as opposed to buying it stock and building it from the ground up. Seems like a lot of us in the Miata community build our cars from stock, me included.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm a Honda fanboy and I sincerely hate Mazdas. The Miata is just such a special creature I couldn't resist.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That might be what it is. It seems like people that build their own cars seem to be pretty modest and outgoing. People that buy modded cars already try to claim responsibility for their badass ride because they really had no idea/imagination how to mod it to start with. Like whenever I go to track events, everyone is awesome no matter what cars they brought with them. When I go to hardpark events, its always some kids trying to compete with each other about who spent more money or who is lowest

·
Bimmer Challenge - B5
2,397 Posts
JDM status always irritated me when I ran my Hondas. I have always been a function is king kind of guy. I drove Hondas for years and know FWD really well. Once your balls drop it is just natural progression to move onto a RWD car if you care about expanding your driving skills and experience.

The first time I happened upon a legit touge here in So Cal I knew right away I needed a RWD car. Naturally I wanted an AP2 but one drive in an MSM changed that.

All my close friends from growing up are still into Hondas and make me laugh hysterically with all their Full Race this, B series that talk. Fucking arm chair tuners...

I would totally rock a K swapped EF hatch though.

But I digress. After I lost my MSM I went and purchased an '89 CRX Si w/ an LS/V. I ran a B20 EG hatch and it surprised the **** out of me. I was always a single cam guy but wanted to see what the big deal with b series was. Needless to say it spun a bearing 10 minutes after I left and the guy gave me my cash back. I got home, went on CL, saw the 94M that had been on their for a couple weeks and went over and bought it 20 minutes later.

Honda kids just don't know. They think everything is dependent on who has the most power. I love telling 8th gen civic owners they are retarded for lowering the McPhailson strutted car and they should just do themselves a favor and total it and swap the K into an EG hatch.

I loved my '93 CB7 EX though. I would love another one.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's people on this forum that are hardparking and stanced, some even with BBS's.
I see what you're saying as I've come across the same type of person you are referring to, but they exist in every car group, bike group, whatever it may be.

But whatever, I'm not even really here.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I built from stock when I had mine. Got the usual wheels and suspension, didn't want to slam it because everyone else was doing that, and swapped the engine to a single cam vtec because everyone else was doing the B16 and B20 vtec and crap. It was peppy and reliable and handled well.

But when I sat behind the wheel of the miata for the first time, I realized that it shifted solidly, and handled stock as well as my car did when it was modified. It is just apples to oranges when I compared the soggy turn in on a FWD car to a RWD. Albeit the miata is slower, I never went out of my way to just drive my hatch. Not even to anywhere. Just to drive it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Exactly. If you actually build the car, you know the hard work it takes to get there. And with that, you just have an overall appreciation for all makes and models that have been built. People here are always claimin that they bought/ built all the mod's, but you know damn well they didn't.

Edit: Im not saying that all Honda owners buy their car's fully modded and claim it as theirs, but a good amount do. But that goes for every car make. I know there are plenty of cool down-to-earth Honda owners. But,for some reason, Honda owners act as if they have something to prove.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
iRoadster. I am not saying we dont have hardparkers and stanced guys also. Clearly we do (i'm guilty of doing both myself on occassion), but I havn't encountered any miata guys that hate on other cars so bad just for being a different brand that they constantly bash them (without ever driving them or giving it a chance)

·
Registered
109 Posts
JDM status always irritated me when I ran my Hondas. I have always been a function is king kind of guy. I drove Hondas for years and know FWD really well. Once your balls drop it is just natural progression to move onto a RWD car if you care about expanding your driving skills and experience.

The first time I happened upon a legit touge here in So Cal I knew right away I needed a RWD car. Naturally I wanted an AP2 but one drive in an MSM changed that.

All my close friends from growing up are still into Hondas and make me laugh hysterically with all their Full Race this, B series that talk. Fucking arm chair tuners...

I would totally rock a K swapped EF hatch though.

But I digress. After I lost my MSM I went and purchased an '89 CRX Si w/ an LS/V. I ran a B20 EG hatch and it surprised the **** out of me. I was always a single cam guy but wanted to see what the big deal with b series was. Needless to say it spun a bearing 10 minutes after I left and the guy gave me my cash back. I got home, went on CL, saw the 94M that had been on their for a couple weeks and went over and bought it 20 minutes later.

Honda kids just don't know. They think everything is dependent on who has the most power. I love telling 8th gen civic owners they are retarded for lowering the McPhailson strutted car and they should just do themselves a favor and total it and swap the K into an EG hatch.

I loved my '93 CB7 EX though. I would love another one.

Had a CB7 myself with F23 swap that was turbo, wasn't really good for 1/4th but worked tell I sold it for getting a Baja Bug.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts