ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently discovered these forums, and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Adam, and I live in Charlotte, NC. Pretty much a on again/off again student at UNC Charlotte, but I'm in for the long haul now. I'm not really new to Miatas; this current car is my 3rd. I'm an active member on VWVortex (yeah.. another "old" VW guy) and the GRM boards. I never was too big a fan of the Miata.net forums, so finding this site is pretty exciting. Anyhow.. since no one came here to read this, onto the pictures!

My current Miata; '95 R-package.

Currently has just a bunch of bolt ons; original Bilsteins, Eibach springs, Eibach sway bars, Borla cat-back, crappy intake, SS brake lines, a couple different sets of Carbotech pads, and the safety equipment. Nothing too fancy for now, but I'm changing the exhaust out for a Bosal Spec Miata unit (had it on my old car and loved it) plus a header, re-valving the rear Bilsteins, and getting a new alignment. Should all be ready for Full Course VIR in February.
Oh.. and it does usually have a matching passenger seat. It's out because I'm not very pleased with the Wedge Engineering brackets I had made, and am trying to come up with a better solution.
The Miata shares the garage with the 16v GTi in the background, and a Flash silver '88 16v Scirocco that doesn't run yet.

My old car was an original paint '92; bought it stock with 248k miles on it! I swapped a '96 1.8L in with a lightweight flywheel, Monsterflow intake, and Spec Miata mufflered cat-back. Suspension was comprised of AGX's+GC's, and a couple chassis braces. Awesome car that I had very little money in total, and did very well at both auto-x's and track events. Sold it to a young person in Greensboro with 296k on the chassis, and it's still active (painted 350z Pewter/silver now.)

My 2nd Miata was a silver '91 that was bought just to clean/fix and re-sell. Didn't have it very long, but it was a decent enough car.

Anyhow, thats about it!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Welcome aboard Adam! Your car looks sweet as hell. I'm an old VW nut myself. Be sure to park pictures of your car and a list of modifications in the Garage section of the forum.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The white car has a Hard Dog bolt-in cage (bought it used.. but not "used" :lol: ). The silver car had a custom bar built to mimic the HD Hardcore double diagonal. The bar was built by Chris Schimmel of Competition Cages.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
DUDE!!! Your in charlotte!!! :D We need to meet up sometime along with Ben (luv2turn), Brad (na3turbo) and maybe some other roadsters around the area. =D>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct; they're 15x7 et27 K1's. They might be for sale shortly.. haven't decided yet.

I'd definitely be up for a GTG. I've seen a few other Miata guy's around lately, but somehow, no one ever notices me. I guess a white caged Miata doesn't stand out too much, hahaha.

Name a time and place!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is that a MOMO I see? :) Nice car. Street driven with the cage?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
No-one notices you???? BULL! I've seen you quite a few times, but I can't ever seem to catch your eye to wave or flip my headlights. I think you may have noticed me once, I was coming out of the Petro express where you were taking a left onto Mallard Creek from Tryon/49. I have the black NA with reddish-orange spraybombed wheels. I'm also an on-and-off UNCC student, live off of mary alexander.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts