ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have this Bride Low Max ViosIII. What do you guys think? Real, fake, worth keeping, sell for how much? It has no labels or papers. It was wrapped in plastic but sat in a shed for about 4 years. Its dirty. There is so much controversy on these and the sports. Silver vs. blackbacks... Plastic, fiberglass, CF. (these are fiberglass backs painted black)

I know how to tell when the stickers are there but these just dont have them. Maybe they weren't put on?

And will it look rediculous in my 93 LE with just the drivers Bride and a red leathr LE passenger? Also, can I use the stock sliders or rig them up to work on it?

Here it is

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I value your opinion. Thank you.

Things I took note on:
1. The top BRIDE word is not centered and cut off
2. NO tags or labels at all
3. It's black and only the Sports ViosIII were black backs
4. All the plastic harness holes say BRIDE in the correct typeface and placement

Thing is, there is so much yes and no in every forum. Plus the whole owner of Bride splitting and taking the name with him. Therefore he made the same seats in Taiwan for cheaper and forced the Original company to change to Bride Japan... Plus some were made in Canada?? I have a headache!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have been studying brides for a while and own a few sets myself including a fake set. First the center gradation cushion already gave it away for it being fake. On the real one, the first Bride logo on the top of the cushion should be cut off half way. Also the Bride logos are way larger than the actual Brides. The back fiberglass shell should be painted silver with glitters. Look under the seat and find the bride sticker label. The real ones usually have tee's corp marked on the right side of the sticker. I am 110% sure that these are fake.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
for sure it's a fake. Authentic VIOS III low max seats only came in silverback (but then again you see fake VIOS III with silverbacks now too)...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't mean to offend you or your seat in anyway... Just stating what I know and hope this can help you or others out

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Gradation fabric option on the Vios means it should be accompanied by the silver glitter shell, I believe. Only the base model Zeta Sport comes with solid black frp?

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Gradation fabric option on the Vios means it should be accompanied by the silver glitter shell, I believe. Only the base model Zeta Sport comes with solid black frp?
True, I have an authentic Bride Zeta III Sport and it has black frp rear...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you to everyone, especially a domomo!

Let's just say I got the seat for free. Should I use it? Is it safe? and will I be able to fab up some sliders from a stock set to make it work?

Second option is making it into an office chair for maximum office cred in the streets, lol. I WILL NOT SELL since this is a fake. I do not want to contribute to the fake market and I don't want trouble with the buyer claiming I sold a fake product.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at it and said "FAKE!" right away. I just wanted to make sure with you guys, so thanks. I was hoping that everyone would say Holy crap that's the ultra rare BRIDE viosIII that they made 10 of! But I guess not, haha.

So what would you guys do with it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I looked at it and said "FAKE!" right away. I just wanted to make sure with you guys, so thanks. I was hoping that everyone would say Holy crap that's the ultra rare BRIDE viosIII that they made 10 of! But I guess not, haha.

So what would you guys do with it?
ship it to me......lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
seats safe unless you plan on crashing in it with just the seat and no car. Even the official bride's advise weight use be under 210lbs.

Your issue will be events that require an FIA approved seat. Which new 2012 certifications are out, and the current seats are only good thru this year. That aside, if want a seat that feels right and it works, roll it. Building a 'JDM' car, then you'll always get haters...

·
Registered
399 Posts
No problem mysteryskittle! Personally IMHO I don't see a problem using them for your car. I had a set of real Bride Brix II before and now currently have a set of real Bride Cugas in my rx8 and a set of fake Bride Vios in my miata. My miata is my daily driver and the seats are holding up quite well. My buddy has a set of real vios and the difference between the two are mainly on the fabric material. The shell construction is very similar. You should be fine!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts