ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check it out, just got them put on a few hrs ago. there are only two cars on the road with these headlights right now, so thats pretty cool i think. i love the look, i think it gives the car a more agressive stance. :twisted:
(please excuse the spot on the bumper where my lovely mother backed into me :roll: )

waddya think??

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
they look pretty cool, im looking forward to seeing everyones reviews on them, especially after a night time drive.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Hmm, interesting. Which headlights did you use for those? The Hella 90mm?

I'm wondering if the lights from my busted Moss Lo-Pro kit will work with that kit?

How about some close ups too?

Looks good!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I will be replacing my mid tenns with my acc lights sometime. Untill i find the time, the acc lights are sentenced to the living room floor.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
When I was looking for a Miata, I had two requirements:

1. 1.8L
2. Flip-up headlights

The pop-ups are just such a huge part of the NA look, if you ask me, doing this kind of ruins it.

But dude, that's just how I feel, I hope you like your new lights :)

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
When I was looking for a Miata, I had two requirements:

1. 1.8L
2. Flip-up headlights

The pop-ups are just such a huge part of the NA look, if you ask me, doing this kind of ruins it.

But dude, that's just how I feel, I hope you like your new lights :)
Same reason I did not shave the door handles on my NA when I painted it... they are very unique and just scream "NA".

I never understood the fixed headlight craze, but that is a nice sunburst and the build quality looks good from what I can see. The car will look GREAT after your mom fixes the bump mark.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i really wanted these up until about a year ago when i saw the active headlights. had midtenns for a long time and they were decent. earlier in the year when i dropped the factory headlights back in i realized how much i like those covers over them and how much it brings the lines together. plus i dig the sleepy eye look more nowdays.

yours looks clean though. couple lil questions bout them that you could toss in the review. what kinda covers do they use, like is it something like midtenn plexiglass type stuff i assume? also what are the housings made of?

·
Registered
11 Posts
first off for anyone that does not know me I am the creator of the AAC flush headlight kit. Took us over a year to bring it to market but we just shipped out the preorder kits and regular production is set to begin in about 3 weeks. now to answer some questions.

1) the buckets are made out of 3k twill carbon fiber. I opted for a very think bucket which did end up costing a good bit more but they are amazingly durable

2) the production clear covers we went with are made of lexan but are unlike any other flush kits. They are double as thick as any kit before hand and we spent many months perfecting them so they will never fly off of your car like previous kits. We also have included a clip system so there are no ugly set screws to see or worry about

3) Blue potato
I know you have been concerned that out kit was very similair to the illfated bsp kit but even though I have reassured you in the past it has not hopefully my customers now will be able to do so. The only thing our kit has in common with the bsp kit is possibly the overall look. Besides that every aspect of the kit has been changed in order to address the multitude of problems. Not only are we using a much superior light source but the problems with the light clearing the front bumper is no long an issue. Our lights sit much higher up then the bsp lights.

Once a few people post light time pictures i hope everyone will see how much more light is able to shine on the road!

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
They look good, im one of the 50 buyers for your groupbuy. Still can't decide if i should sell my spot on the list or buy the kit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i just put on my bsp flush kit, but i have a problem. First time i slammed the hood the clear covers cracked, do you think the covers for this kit will fit, and if so can i get them by themselves?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Damn, I knew I should have gotten into that group of the first 50... ](*,) Oh well, I have to get those though! :mrgreen:

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
They look good, im one of the 50 buyers for your groupbuy. Still can't decide if i should sell my spot on the list or buy the kit.
there are only 49 buyers, i was kicked out of the buy just last week. some of you guys probably know why, but whatevers, i dont want to blab on about this crap. :roll:

TeRRy
-oh yeah, thanks, because i dont know if us SOCAL people will ever get to actually see a set! ;)

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
If you wanna know what happened, please PM Terry and let's keep it off the board, please.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts