ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 460 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real name is Hai. It means ocean in Vietnamese. That or #2. I much prefer girls to call me their ocean instead of their number two.

Anyways.... I'm back in a Miata! I owned a 2004 MSM for almost a decade. Loved that thing to pieces. Drove it over 100K miles then it was "stolen." Basically got hustled out of it. haven't heard of it or seen it since.

Owned a few other cars before that. The most memorable being my first Civic. LS Vtec, full GSR interior, Mugen wing, etc...

Had a Porsche for a couple years.

That thing got me a lot of ass. A LOT.

Damn thing needed a new DMF among other things, and became a gross polluter when I went to smog it, so I ended up letting it go. You guys know the new owner.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyways... FULL CIRCLE!!

That's the sticker that caught my eye when I first went to check the car out. 2 owner, 134K miles. On the day I went to test drive it, the PO asked if I wanted to come back another day. Upon asking why, he told me that in all his years of ownership, it'd never been driven in rain. It was his weekend driver, and he was a meticulous owner. It showed. And I bought it after talking to him for about an hour about my new Miata.

Can't find the pictures from day one, but this is from week one. Threw on some cheap wheels (more of those to come), and enjoyed it that way while I made up my mind on what to do next.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
dat asian pancake.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I want a 993 in my life. Also, if you woulda been in Miami with it, you would have been able to post a much nicer bodacious booty up for us to see.

Your mazdaspeed was pretty dope. SBC RPF1's are gangster.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More pictures of the asses
They're NSFW, sorry. :blaugh:

that MSM is cleannnn.
Thanks man. It was clean, don't know it's fate today. If anyone comes across it anywhere on the interwebs, please let me know! Haha.

I want a 993 in my life. Also, if you woulda been in Miami with it, you would have been able to post a much nicer bodacious booty up for us to see.

Your mazdaspeed was pretty dope. SBC RPF1's are gangster.
I've yet to go to Miami. I heard it's everything I've dreamed of and more. Well maybe just babes blow.

The SBC finish is available in paint form. Hope to see some 14x7's rocking it.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So back with the new Miata... It's a 91, so it came with the fast revving 1.6. Fun as it was, it was THE slowest car I've ever owned. Thankfully, I decided to do some donuts one night while knowing I might possibly most likely was a little low on oil. After about 30 seconds of one handed dorifto touge action in a high school parking lot, I heard the worst sound any car guy wants to hear: rod knock. The freshly rebuilt motor was donezo. Everything stayed intact, so I was able to drive it to work the next day. The co-workers said they literally heard me coming from a mile away. Lol.

With the help of Flying Miata's 1.8 conversion kit, and a friend (he did 99% of the work) my new 47K mile JDM NA8 (and 5 speed tranny) went in.

The new not as clean 1.8

Wish I was able to do the work or at least have more of a helping hand, but with my work schedule and the shop hours, I was only able to install the 1.6 intake, and remove my old clutch and flywheel.

Total cost of motor swap: $178. That included the FM conversion kit and all fluids.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing I forgot to mention, I've been VERY fortunate in that my parts and labor for this car have all been free or basically free. Had to buy my mechanic lunch for a week. For the swap. Motor was given to me by a customer.

Some pics of various fake wheels I've had. Some day soon I'll have a set worth using a real camera for.

Work Equip reps

RPF-1 reps

Work CR-01 reps

Demon Camber reps

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Went on a small shopping spree:

KG Works rear view mirror

RS Factory Stage Duck Tail

Runabout mirrors

Zeromotive floor mats

MOMO Monte Carlo 320mm

RS Aziawa headlight intake duct

Rev9 OE flares

and Kazespec front tow hook powder coated red

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also picked up some Rota RKR's to add to the collection of fake wheels. These are by far my favorite. They'll definitely hold me over for a while.

The previous owner had just replaced the ball joints and tie rod ends. He also went with some generic Godspeed sways which are fine to me. All I've done suspension wise was Megan Streets.

I started with Tein's new Street Advance. Had them on for about a week. HATED THEM. They're basically a $900 coilover sleeve with close to zero adjustability. The terrible customer service from Tein didn't help either. Even at full low, the rear still had a two finger gap. Tein's answer to that was I installed them incorrectly. Instead of just saying their coilovers don't go low, they insulted me and the 3 other mechanics that looked at my install job.

Needles to say, I'm not buying from them again. Sucks too because I liked my Tein Flex's on the MSM so much.

Garbage:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Of all the shots I've seen of your car, that interior is the most beautiful! I want your mirrors and mats.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In case it was missed: I LOVE my Megan Streets. Not the EZ Streets, but the step above Street Series. The higher spring rate is perfect for the NA, nad the valving feels good too. for a "cheap" coilover, they're great.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of all the shots I've seen of your car, that interior is the most beautiful! I want your mirrors and mats.
Thanks! The mats were a bitter sweet purchase. I really like them, but feel so bad ruining them from all the dirt and grime my shoes pick up while at work. :cry2:

The mirror is 100% recommended.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
In the time you've had this car you've done more to it than I have to my car in six years. Must be nice to work at a parts store and know people who work at a tuning shop. I don't have anything close to either of those kind of shops near to myself.
Don't stop. Honey, don't stop.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ I am too. :cry2: The sound from the RSR exhaust was something I'll never forget.

du ma more pics mao
Haha I will post more pics! Just wish I had a camera. Until then you get #iphoneinstagramswag

In the time you've had this car you've done more to it than I have to my car in six years. Must be nice to work at a parts store and know people who work at a tuning shop. I don't have anything close to either of those kind of shops near to myself.
Don't stop. Honey, don't stop.
I got really lucky. Lots of help from the shop and having a boss that's into cars and helps out when he can with parts is a huge plus. You know you can always hit me up if you need something! Might not be close, but Fedex is cheap for us!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some of the parts painted and fitted.

Also got the RKR's on. Still using the Direzza DZ101 in 195/50/15.

Dat fitment doe (Never thought I'd run 0 offset wheels)

With the Rev9 OE flares trimmed down, and the fenders rolled, there's no rubbing at -2* camber.

I'd eventually like to get a 8.5 or 9" wheel and run a 205, but that's not going to be for quite a while.

1 - 20 of 460 Posts